Job Title: Laboratory Assistant – RHSP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Job Location: Kalisizo
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) Profile:
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative bio – medical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
The field Laboratory Assistant is responsible for conducting all field laboratory activities i.e sample management and use of point of care (POC) diagnostics. Lab field work is mainly done in RCCS and the ART mini laboratory but may done at any other site.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Perform Rapid diagnostics test for but not limited to malaria, toxoplasmosis, serum crag, HBV, syphilis, HIV, HB, CD4.
• Ensure quality laboratory test results by following the appropriate testing SOP.
• Maintain POC lab equipment in good working condition by performing and documenting the required maintenance procedures and following usage procedures.
• Maintain the integrity of samples by adhering to set sample handling procedures, including sample storage recommendations.
• Ensure proper documentation and retrieval of lab results and any other data by using the correct forms and writing eligibly.
• Maintain correct records by following up on assigned trouble shooting to completion.
• Be knowledgeable of all RHSP policies and procedures and take note of changes/amendments as well as new guidelines as communicated by senior management.
• Ensure proper use of lab supplies by filling the required logistics records when supplied with an item as well as use of consumption logs.
• Participate in relevant proficiency test programs.
• Comply with safety procedures in the daily execution of laboratory tasks.
• Dispose off waste as per guideline and keep the workspace tidy
• Ensure safe custody and appropriate usage of all RHSP assets under your care.
• Perform any other role as assigned by the supervisor.
• Minimum academic qualifications: Cerificate in Medical Laboratory Assistant training
• Registration with Allied Health Professionals Council with Annual practicing licences.
• GCLP and GCP certificates and other development trainings.
• At least 2 years’ experience working in a medical or research laboratory.
• Ability to interact productively and work in a team environment.
• Self-motivated, innovative, and capable of meeting deadlines.
• Willingness to travel and provide care services at selected health facilities and outreaches.
• Willingness to work and live in rural areas is required.
Level of Education: Professional Certificate
How To Apply for RHSP Uganda Jobs 2021
Applications: All interested candidates possessing the above attributes can send their; applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees, and copies of academic qualifications/certificates in One document (PDF/ Word), addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org . Kindly indicate the job title in the subject line of the email. Only online applications will be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification
Deadline: 30th April 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.