Job Title: 2 Fresher Stores Officer – Amref Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Amref Health Africa
Job Location: Kampala
Reports to: Human Resource & Admin Coordinator
Amref Health Africa Profile:
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organization based in Africa. With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and Western Africa providing services to over 30 countries. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to health. Amref Health Africa is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by increasing sustainable health access to communities in Africa through solutions in human resources for health, health service delivery, and investments in health. Our Vision is Lasting Health Change in Africa.
The Stores Officer is responsible for overseeing the receipt, storage, and distribution of goods for the Amref health Africa Uganda office. S/he is responsible for maintaining store rooms, and carrying out monthly stock counts both at the Country office and working with the Administrative Assistants at the Field offices. S/he will also help organize the supply and back-end logistics for outreach and high volume campaign activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the receipt, storage, and distribution of goods (medical supplies, medical equipment, cleaning supplies, office supplies, promotional materials, etc.) in a manner that allows for close monitoring, documentation, and maintains strict controls in line with Amref Procurement policy.
- Management of stock of supplies; ensuring optimum stock/ supplies levels are maintained at all times to meet operational and service level needs.
- Coordinates with Country office and field offices to ensure timely and efficient movement of supplies and goods.
- Responsible for the removal and disposal of redundant stock in the stores areas in accordance with Amref disposal policy.
- All stores related correspondences should be filed properly and sequentially
- Maintain appropriate tracking systems and accurate records management to ensure integrity of evidence and appropriate filing system
- Alert program staff when new supplies arrive
- Conduct monthly physical stock-counts at Country office and Field levels, and maintains and distributes an accurate inventory spreadsheet to senior staff and finance team.
- Regularly updates bin cards and provide supply issue and delivery notes to track movement of supplies in and out of stores
- Coordinate closely with the HR and Administration Coordinator on supply movement, and the development and improvement of stores policies and guidelines.
- Alerts Management about obsolete stock and makes disposal arrangements in line with donor requirements
- Provides additional supply management and distribution support during the planning and execution of project activities
- Ensure All Organization Assets are clearly tagged/ engraved and recorded in the Asset register.
- Assume other responsibilities as may be assigned
- The applicant should possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Stores Management, Procurement and Supply Chain Management or CIPS.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Store Management.
- A broad variety of administrative, logistics, office management and computer skills
- Demonstrated experience working with a US Government funded NGO. A work experience in a stores office of a Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMSG) company would be an advantage.
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to handle a variety of assignments sometimes under pressure of deadlines
- Be cooperative, hardworking, flexible and dependable, with the ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence
- Analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High attention to details
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
How To Apply for Amref Uganda Jobs 2021
Please send an updated CV including three work related referees and cover letter addressed to the Human Resources Business Partner, Amref Health Africa in Uganda through email@example.com NB: Emails should not exceed 2MB. The closing date for submitting applications. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Amref Health Africa is committed to the principles of safeguarding at the workplace and does not tolerate any form of abuse, discrimination or harassment.
Deadline: 27th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.