Job Title: 2 Prevention Officers – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Technically supports districts and monitors the implementation of quality Differentiated HIV testing services (HTS), elimination of mother to child transmission of HIV (eMTCT) services, early infant diagnosis (EID) services and implementation of other HIV prevention programs targeting Adolescents, Girls and young people, Key and other priority populations and gender integration in alignment with the program objectives and set targets.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Prepare quarterly district work plans & operational plans for HIV testing services (HTS), Prevention of mother to child transmission of HIV (PMTCT), early infant diagnosis (EID), and targeted HIV prevention services for Key and Priority populations (KP/PP); and related budgets.
- Use QI approaches to address performance gaps and Build the capacity of health workers and key community stakeholders in both Quality Improvement initiatives for and delivery of HIV prevention services through training of service providers, and on-site mentorships to supported health facilities and community structures.
- Advocate and actively engage men and boys as key stakeholders and agents in promoting male involvement in healthcare, gender equality and ending gender-based violence against women and girls
- Supervise and monitor the implementation of innovative strategies that increase HTS yield, community engagement and male and KP/PP involvement in service provision.
- Supervise Health facility-community referral and linkage activities in all service areas.
- Periodically review, with appropriate documentation, of site & district level HTS, PMTCT/EID and KP/PP cascades and ensure retention of clients along the continuum of response.
- Periodically review and monitor performance against set targets and submit periodic reports to key stakeholders in line with program and national reporting requirements.
- Advise on progress of implementation of planned activities on a monthly basis and address poor performance with corrective actions in a timely manner.
- Strengthen collaborations and effective corporate, local government, and community partnerships including target community engagement of KP/PP for a coordinated and harmonized HIV program.
- Participate in HIV prevention operational research to guide and provide lessons to improve performance then document best work practices in HFs and promote knowledge sharing through CMEs on new developments and changes in line with Baylor-Uganda research guidelines.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine or equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.§ At least three years of relevant work experience in the field of HIV prevention and in providing technical support to districts and facilities
- Must have practical experience in implementation of HTS, eMTCT, EID, KP/PP programming and gender integration.
- Must be registered with Medical and Dental Practitioners Council applications
- 3 Years Relevant Experience
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the links below.
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply directly using the apply button below. In case you have any further questions about the role, contact us on email@example.com
Closing Date: 30th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise