Job Title: Nutrition Officer – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Duty Station: Kampala
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Implement food and nutrition security activities in the region; support mentorship of health workers in nutritional assessment, treatment of moderately or severely malnourished children, manage the supply chain management of nutritional supplies and follow-up of malnourished clients.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop and implement annual and quarterly work plans and budgets and ensure their consolidation into the overall cluster project Plans and budgets.
- Build the capacity of project implementing teams on nutrition care and support (in terms of training, mentorship and coaching)
- Develop procurement plans, provide timely requisitions and offer technical input in evaluation of nutrition related bids.
- Manage the delivery of Therapeutic/supplementary feeding and other nutrition services to the health facilities, monitor client progress and outcomes and provide nutrition/diet related guidance to the cluster and health facility teams.
- Ensure that clients are provided with routine nutrition education and individual counseling
- Maintain an updated nutrition database and prepare monthly and quarterly reports.
- Ensure that clients in nutrition care are followed-up at the community to ensure adherence to therapeutic/supplementary feeding and support linkage of clients to other livelihood /economic support activities.
- Carry out nutrition oriented research basing on the identified nutrition research gaps and document and disseminate nutrition best practices
- Mentor and appraise Linkage facilitators, peer mothers and case management officers on nutrition services.
- Monitor the Identification, documentation and referral of identified ‘Sexual and gender based violence‐SGBV’victims and other psychosocial problems in the face of HIV/AIDS in line with Baylor‐Uganda objectives for HIV & Gender main streaming
- At least a degree in Nutrition/Dietetics/food science/public health/home economics/catering and other related fields, Masters in Nutrition or related field is an added advantage, Knowledge of national guidelines and protocols for IMAM, and good understanding of current IYCF guidelines
- Experience: Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition, IYCF, NACS mostly in HIV settings), conducting both didactic and on-job trainings, Project planning especially work plan development and budgeting.
- 3 Years Relevant Experience
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the links below.
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We look forward to hearing from you! Please apply directly using the apply button below. In case you have any further questions about the role, contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 30th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise