Job Title: Volunteer Rewired Creators – Restless Development Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Restless Development Uganda
Job Location: Uganda
Restless Development Uganda Profile:
Rewiring the future starts with education. Rewiring education starts with a story. Telling that story starts with you. We believe that young people have the right to tell their own story and that they are best placed to do so. We are calling for six young creators aged 18 – 30 to join our RewirEd Creators Academy. You will learn new skills in story-telling for change and build upon existing ones you may already have. You will be paid for your time and have the opportunity to create content that could change the future of education and work.
- Do you have an interest in sharing stories creatively that lead to change?
- Do you want to develop your skills in story-telling through writing, video-making, visual and/or audio media?
- Do you have a passion and interest in rewiring education to work better for young people’s futures and their working lives?
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Story-telling training from Restless Development and other communications and creative professionals to design, create and disseminate stories, including video lectures and live sessions with lecturers, seminars and practical training, training exercises with tailored feedback from industry mentors
- Ongoing support to develop, realise, publish and share your creative ideas
- A mobile journalism kit and/or other relevant technical resources to complete your project (these must be returned to Restless Development on completion)
- Help with identifying and accessing places to share the stories you produce
- Exposure to networks of organisations and young people working in education and livelihoods
- This is a voluntary role. A stipend will be paid to cover some working expenses for the hours required, such as internet data, and additional expenses will be paid for things like travel costs incurred and basic equipment if required. The stipend is partly uniform, and partly calculated based on living costs in the region in which you live. The stipend will be a minimum of £350 per person, with the potential for increase depending on extra costs incurred.
We are looking for young people who:
- Are between the ages of 18-30, from any country in the world
- Have a passion for social change and an interest in changing education
- Have access to or interest in finding compelling education and livelihoods stories
- Have some creative skills but would benefit from the creators’ training we are offering (i.e. amateur/semi-professional/part time creatives)
- Access to a smartphone and computer with internet access for the trainings and conducting interviews (data and internet usage will be covered by a stipend)
- Completion of a short written application and if shortlisted attendance to a 30 minute interview
How To Apply for Restless Development Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to a 30-minute interview between 6th and 7th May, either by telephone, Whatsapp, or video conferencing such as Zoom.
Deadline: 2nd May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.