Job Title: Driver – RHSP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP)
Job Location: Kalisizo
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) Profile:
Rakai Health Sciences Program (RHSP) is a collaborative biomedical research and service delivery organization. RHSP strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of South-central Uganda.
The Driver will drive Organization vehicles safely in accordance with Rakai Health Sciences Program requirements and with supervisor’s instructions to transport cargo and personnel and guests for official purposes in various locations where we operate and, as may be needed, throughout areas where Rakai Health Sciences Program operates within Uganda.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operate official Cordaid vehicles to transport staff and cargo.
- Ensure that vehicles are well maintained and serviced in a timely manner, including maintaining the vehicles as clean as required
- Maintain a proper vehicle log for all trips along with the relevant vehicle maintenance logs
- Keep the supervisor abreast of any security situations or hazards and report timely to the supervisor any security incidents or accidents that require appropriate measures
- Adherence to organizational fleet guidelines and all national traffic laws
- The driver will pick-up and deliver organizational messages and parcels with confidentiality as may be requested
- Ensure that the vehicle is equipped with all relevant safety tools, including but not limited to the fire extinguisher, wheel change kit, spare wheel and the first aid kit.
- Perform and submit vehicle inspection reports on a weekly basis and/or before handover of the vehicle to another party, and report any maintenance problems that may require attention
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- The ideal candidate for the Driver vacancy should have a minimum of O level certificate.
- A minimum of two years of professional chauffeur experience and a valid local driver’s license for following types of vehicles is highly preferred. Classes: B, CM, DL.
- Knowledge and ability: Must be familiar with local traffic laws and traffic patterns
- Ability to communicate with officials and guests in a relaxed but competent and professional manner.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of staff, implementing partners and beneficiaries.
- Language Proficiency: Ability to speak, read, and write in English fluently.
How To Apply for RHSP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can hand deliver their applications including a cover letter, updated CV with 3 referees and copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the HR Manager at the head office along Old-Bukoba Road in Kalisizo. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to disqualification.
Deadline: 30th April 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.