Job Title: 2 Diploma Jobs Care and Treatment Officers – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
The Care and Treatment Officer mainly supports districts and health facilities and monitors the implementation of Baylor Uganda objectives for HIV care & treatment in alignment with up to date MoH guidelines for comprehensive Paediatric, adolescent and adult HIV care & treatment to improve health facility service programs, system and structure.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support and monitor the implementation of Continuous Quality Improvement (CRI) based & data driven capacity programs for health workers and community key stakeholders in comprehensive paediatric, adolescent and adult HIV/AIDS/TB prevention, care and treatment services through trainings, mentorships and support supervision in line with Ministry of Health Guidelines and donor HSS guidelines.
- Provide technical support and monitor the implementation of strategies and systems for strengthening HF to improve ART/anti-TB initiation, treatment and outcome monitoring through case conference, mortality audits as well as increasing ART/TBU facility coverage through HF assessment for accreditation especially in underserved geographical areas and populations in line MoH guidelines.
- Establish/strengthen health facility based system for infection control and waste management through the CQI approach in line with MoH Biosafety and Health Care Waste management guidelines.
- Establish/strengthen collaboration/partnership with other key district stakeholders involved in provision of HIV related services and as well as monitor the implementation of strategies for community mobilization and advocacy for all project in the district
- Provide technical support to the key stakeholders in monitoring the implementation of strategies for strengthening client linkage & referral system to increase demand for comprehensive services and a functional patient tracking system for retention purposes.
- Participate in operational research through development of abstracts, manuscripts and case reports and disseminate findings in journals and other fora in line with Baylor-Uganda re-search guidelines.
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Clinical Medicine or equivalent from a recognized University/Institution.
- Must be registered with Medical and Dental Practitioners Council applications
- At least three years of relevant work experience in the field of HIV Care and Treatment and in providing technical support to districts and facilities
- Must have practical experience in implementation of Care and treatment programs
- Key personal competences in Team building and good communication skills
- Must be dynamic, Persuasive & convincing, self-motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of HIV/TB and ART Knowledge of community-based health care related to pediatric, adolescent and adult HIV care
- Knowledge of district health systems and protocols
- Knowledge of HMIS and data reporting.
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2021
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online:
Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE). Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 30th April 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.