Job Title: 4 No Experience Deemed VAT Officers – URA Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Job Location: Kampala
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Profile:
The Uganda Revenue Authority is a government revenue collection agency established by the Parliament of Uganda. Operating under the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development, the URA is responsible for enforcing, assessing, collecting, and accounting for the various taxes imposed in Uganda.
The Officer Deemed VAT will support Domestic Tax operations, with a focus on the management of deemed VAT and VAT Exemption under the VAT Act and any other construction-related issue.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Conduct verifications of procurement plans against Construction contract documents for contracts which qualify for deemed VAT and VAT Exemption provision in order to mitigate VAT fraud
- Receive applications for deemed VAT and VAT Exemption provisions and ascertain authenticity and completeness of information provided
- Obtain sufficient information from clients which may aid verification of applications/ requests submitted.
- Compute the acceptable quantities of materials needed for respective projects basing on submitted Construction Contract documents
- Make comparisons of the computed acceptable range with the quantities of materials stated in the submitted procurement plan
- Document findings in a memo; acceptable range of quantities authorized for purchase, the disallowed items and submit to the line manager for further management
- Draft letters to suppliers and submit to the line supervisor for approval, upon approval, dispatch to the respective suppliers with copies delivered to contractors.
Draft Interpretations of the law as requested by both Internal and external stakeholders to enhance compliance
- Receive requests for interpretation of the law from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyze the quoted laws, sections and read related laws or cases to understand the case in question.
- Draft interpretations of the sections as requested and submit to the Supervisor for review. Upon approval, dispatch to the internal and external stakeholders through memos and letters respectively.
- Provide tax advice in regards to deemed VAT treatment and clarify client obligations as per public notice.
- Promptly respond to inquiries and queries relating to interpretations.
Conduct compliance checks on taxpayer information from various sources in order to minimize revenue loss and enhance compliance
- Analyze trends in the construction industry and develop a risk matrix and mitigation measures/recommendations for the attention of line Management.
- Compile and collate data to the line supervisor relating to deemed VAT for transmission to Compliance Management.
- Identify risks regarding the compliance of the taxpayers considered under the deemed VAT provision and liaise with their respective tax stations to ensure enforcement.
Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Officer Deemed VAT job must hold an honors Bachelor’s Degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering or Building Economics from a recognized academic Institution
- Knowledge of the requisite Code of Conduct and Ethics for Engineers and Quantity Surveyors in Uganda, 2014.
- Knowledge of the Building Control Act 2013, of Uganda
- Knowledge of the Domestic Tax Laws of Uganda
- Knowledge of Procurement Laws of Uganda.
- Possession of skills in construction materials planning and procurement processes
- Skills in material classifications and ratios
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent conceptual and problem solving skills
- Good communication and people skills.
- Ability to work well within a team
- High level of integrity
- Good reporting skills
- Part/Full Professional Qualification in any of the following; ACCA or CPA, Project Management
- Experience in Tax Audits
How To Apply for URA Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 15th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.