Job Title: Fresher Officer Network Installations and Maintenance – URA Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Job Location: Kampala
Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Profile:
The Uganda Revenue Authority is a government revenue collection agency established by the Parliament of Uganda. Operating under the Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development, the URA is responsible for enforcing, assessing, collecting, and accounting for the various taxes imposed in Uganda.
Install, maintain and monitor Computer Network services in line with defined Service Level Agreements and IT Policies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Install and configure Network Infrastructure
- Carry out network surveys and draft network plans for both existing and proposed URA offices
- Supervise LAN installations, configuration, testing and documentation.
- Installing, configuring and supporting network equipment including routers, proxy servers, switches
- Develop BOQs for required LAN installations
- Backup of network device configuration
2. Troubleshoot and resolve LAN issues
- Receive, analyze and resolve escalated calls from the IT Service Desk
- Submit weekly reports of work to the supervisor
- Monitor the utilization & performance of Networks and undertake necessary improvements
- An honor’s bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, computer science or Computer engineering.
- Professional Certification (Cisco, A+ and N+, Diploma in electronics)
- Experience with LAN design & installation
- Experience with troubleshooting common LAN issues
a) Knowledge of Service Level Agreements
b) Knowledge of IT good practice frameworks ( COBIT, ITIL )
c) Knowledge of Common Network Troubleshooting tools
d) Knowledge of Common Network Protocols
e) Knowledge of Server Client Architecture
f) Knowledge of the IOS Model and TCP/IP
g) Ability to carry about installation and configuration of computer networks
h) Knowledge of firewalls, intrusion detection and associated network security systems
i) Knowledge of Network Optimization techniques
Special skills and attributes
a) Ability to work under stressful environments and for long hours
b) Person of high integrity
c) Good interpersonal relationships and client centrism behavior.
d) Ability to work under minimum supervision and willingness to undertake any responsibility and adherence to dead lines
e) Ability to work as part of a team
f) Agile, punctual and disciplined.
How To Apply for URA Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 15th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.