Job Title: 3 Project Coordinators (Resilient Empowered Adolescent Led (REAL) Project) – Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Plan International Uganda
Duty Station: Yumbe, Adjumani, Nebbi, Travel Required Frequent across the Project areas of operation
Reports to: Project Coordinator – REAL Project
Contract Duration: 34 months May 2021 – February 2024
Effective Date: May 2021 Grade
Plan International Profile:
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it’s girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
The 3 project coordinators report to the Project Manager – REAL Project and will provide technical leadership in the coordination and delivery of planning and implementation of the SRHR and YEE elements of the project within their designated geographical area. Specifically, the incumbent will provide leadership to ensure effective coordination of partnerships and collaborations, timely and effective day-to-day work-planning, budget management and reporting according to the grant agreement / donor requirements and Plan’s policies.
Roles and responsibilities:
Dimensions of the Role
• Key member of Health Program Thematic area supported by the National Program Manager Health based at Country office.
• Provides overall project leadership in planning, implementation and monitoring of project activities to achieve the set project objectives and targets.
• Manage partnerships and coordinate collaborations for the project
• He/she is responsible for the delivery of the Sexual Reproductive Health Rights (SRHR) and Youth Economic Empowerment (YEE) component of this project.
• He/she supports in strengthening equitable access to and utilization of integrated quality services to Out-of-School Youth and marginalized women & girls across the target population.
• He/she supports in providing emergency SRHR and YEE support to girls and boys affected by sexual violence targeted by the project.
• He/she supports in strengthening SRHR and YEE response strategies to improve self-reliance and resilience.
Key Areas of Accountability:
• Support in the Development and periodical review the 3 year project operational plan, annual / quarterly plans and budgets for effective project implementation.
• Support the technical design of the project interventions, development of technical tools with adequate consultation and participation of staff and other key stakeholders at all stages of project implementation.
• Coordinate, supervise and appraise Project Officers – REAL Project with their geographical area.
• Ensure efficient utilisation and timely accountability of funds and other resources allocated in accordance with grant conditions
• Develop and submit quality SRHR and YEE Project Annual Plans based on the phased project budget, procurement plan and Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) in line with PIU and donor requirements before the set deadline.
• Develop and share a monthly SRHR and YEE project work plan.
• Attend and execute / follow-up on actions resulting from planning, review and reflection meetings with the donor (UNFPA) and respective Ministry Technical Working Group (TWG) / member office representative or District Health / Community Development Office.
• Develop timely and quality monthly, quarterly and annual work plans shared with the line manager.
• Monitor SRHR and YEE project activities to ensure quality, timeliness and adherence to both PIU and donor policies and procedures.
Project implementation Management
• Effectively manage the day-to-day implementation of the SRHR and YEE project operations within their geographic area of responsibility to ensure compliance with the approved SRHR annual plan, phased budget, procurement plan, donor requirement, essential standards and policies.
• Ensure efficient utilisation and timely accountability of funds and other resources allocated in accordance with grant conditions.
• Prepare and submit quality and timely project reports to project stakeholders as per donor requirements and the project monitoring & evaluation plan.
• Initiate, develop and nurture cordial relations with relevant government agencies both at central and local government levels, project partners and wider stakeholder fraternity.
• Maintain high standard of integrity, transparency and accountability in the course of project implementation.
• Provision of regular operations and implementation updates on project progress and challenges to allow for timely interventions and corrective actions by management.
• Ensure that project interventions are effectively documented with evidence before, during and after
• Develop a system for capturing, documenting and disseminating project experiences, achievements, lesson learnt and best practices to stakeholders while maintaining project records for accountability purposes.
• Organise and hold regular performance review meetings to access progress and to agree on any change in strategy with the key project stakeholders
• Develop concepts and proposals for possible funding as need may arise.
• Ensure clear quarterly accountability of all project inputs/resources given out or offered to the community.
• Identify and participate in operational research /related to the project.
• Project Manager – REAL Project : Direct line-management and appraisal of the Project Coordinator
• Program Area Manager (PAM): General Operations
• Technical Advisor – Health: Technical support in planning, implementation, monitoring and Evaluation of project interventions in Health / YEE Thematic Area.
• Project Officer: who directly report to the Project Coordinator and will therefore be supervised and appraised by the Coordinator .
• Country Office Grants Team : Project Reports, budgeting and grant compliance
• Project Stakeholders: S/he will work in close collaboration with SRHR and YEE stakeholders at national, district and sub-district levels, community levels including refugee settlements and host communities where applicable.
• District and health facility teams: Technical support in planning, budgeting, implementation and monitoring of project supported SRHR / YEE interventions.
• Technical Working Group Meetings: Effectively represent Plan International Uganda at relevant TWGs, events and forums to ensure Pl is acknowledged as a legitimate partner / actor.
Minimum Qualifications for Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021
• Excellent budget management skills
• Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong skills in teamwork and networking
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated experience in networking with other development partners in the field.
• Excellent skills in documentation and report writing
• Excellent negotiation and influencing skills in multi-cultural contexts
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Programs including MS Excel, MS Word and MS Power Point.
• Motorcycle riding and permit is an added advantage
• Behaves consistently in approach to work and decision-making
• Strongly drives performance forward in area of the business for which they are responsible together with the team
• Sets a strong learning culture in their part of the organisation
• Remains calm and positive under pressure and in difficult situations
• Aware of impact on others and adjusting own behaviour accordingly
• Commited to meeting deadlines
Knowledge / Expertise:
• A minimum degree in Social Science, Social Work, Public Health or any Health-related discipline with experience in ASRHR programming, knowledge in YEE will be an added advantage
• Post graduate training in either Public health, Project Planning & Management, Health Systems Strengthening, Community Health, Reproductive Health and Gender etc. will be of added advantage.
• At least 3 years’ minimum hands –on progressive experience in planning and implementation of school / community-based health Programme targeting Adolescents / Young people out-of-school especially on ASRH including in emergency situations where at least 2 years MUST have been at project / budget management level.
• Knowledge of the guidelines and international conventions governing hosting of refugees is an added advantage.
• Hands-on experience of working in rural settings and refugee settlements.
• Practical knowledge and skills in designing, planning, implementing and monitoring of community-based SRHR and YEE programs for Out-of-School Youth.
• Experience in working with respective District Local Government and Implementing Partners in SRHR, YEE and / or Child Protection is an added advantage.
• Experience in working with respective District Local Government, local partners and training in ASRH, with a focus on humanitarian setting is an added advantage.
• Experience in SRHR – related capacity building for health facilities and community health structures is an added advantage.
• Sound understanding of current policy developments in SRHR, eMTCT, Reproductive Maternal, New-born, Child & Adolescent Health (RMNCAH) and YEE
• Willingness to work in a typical rural district and travel 80% of the time in field.
How To Apply for Plan International Uganda Jobs 2021
Interested applicants please visit: https://career5.successfactors.eu/career?career_ns=job_listing&company=PlanInt&career_job_req_id=40342
Closing Date: 1oth May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.