Job Title: Administrative assistant (UN Clinic) – UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UN Resident Coordinator’s Oﬃce (UNRCO)
Job Location: Kampala
UN Resident Coordinator’s Oﬃce (UNRCO) Profile:
The Resident Coordinator System is the main mechanism to coordinate the UN system’s operational activities for development, as well as emergency, recovery and transition in programme countries.
Answers phone calls, schedules meetings and supports visitors. Carries out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc. Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects and expediting work results.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the timely and efficient organization by the Senior Medical Officer and the new enhanced clinic meetings and initiatives including assisting with logistics, maintaining the UN Doctor’s calendar and ensuring that the clinic has the required materials by reordering supplies.
- Assist establishment of the New Enhanced UN Clinic, programing, staff selection and placement, payroll, attendance.
- Support the Senior Medical Officer for travel management processes by coordinating travel arrangements (vehicle operations and maintenance, booking itineraries and hotels, obtaining security clearances when appropriate, preparing travel requests and travel claims in line with travel entitlements for staff and consultants).
- Asist the UNCT Clinic admin Assistant on population and maintenance of the Office database of contacts.
- Maintenance of the filing system ensuring safekeeping of confidential materials, generating reports.
- Operation and management of the telephone switchboard in accordance with appropriate protocol; answering and forwarding phone calls, screening phone calls, etc. Daily test of main switchboard line in use and report in case of failure.
- Compile bills, invoices and staff claims for submission to UNDP for payment processing.
- Control and maintenance of office operational equipment, initiate office procurements requests for approval and submission to UNDP.
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education – Additional Comments:
- Relevantexperience in administration or project support services (travel, budget, event planning, logistics, protocol, etc.) is required.
- Familiaritywith UN/UNDP operations policies and guidelines is an asset.
- Knowledgeof ERP systems i.e., Atlas, PeopleSoft is required.
- Requiredto be adept in use of multiple media –computers, smart phones, databases, etc. with strong skills in MS Word and Excel;
- Stronginter-personal skills are key.
- Experienceas a pro-active assistant able to carry out tasks with a high degree of initiative and independence in delivering required outputs;
- Strongcapacity to meet deadlines.
Required experience: 24 Months
Experience in functioning in a fast-paced environment in multinational organization with high-level senior executives and professionals is required.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Area of expertise: Development programme/project administration, Administration and administrative assistance
Area of expertise details:
Previous experience in administartion.
Driving license: No
Adaptability and Flexibility, Client Orientation, Communication, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Planning and Organizing, Self-Management
How To Apply for UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 13th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.