Job Title: Fresher Inclusive Education Officer – HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Handicap International Federation
Job Location: Arua
Responsible to: Project Supervisor
Handicap International Federation Profile:
Handicap International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Facilitate participation of stakeholders and beneficiaries in monitoring and evaluation of activities.
Starting Date: 1st June 2021
Length of contract: Till April 2022
Basic Salary: UGX 2,208,949
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Implement, facilitate and follow-up, on a daily basis, the project activities in accordance with the project implementation plans, In collaboration with the targeted school management committees, school community stakeholders and in close collaboration with the HI rehabilitation and MHPSS teams
• Facilitate inclusive education barrier and facilitators assessments
• Provide technical support for the development and implementation of each Schools’ inclusive education action plans
• Participate in the identification of class inclusive learning materials to be provided to each school.
• Facilitate capacity strengthening activities through provision of training for education staff and mentoring of teachers
• Facilitate inclusive education awareness raising sessions for Parent Teacher Associations and school communities:
• Facilitate disability assessments of school children with disabilities
• Support schools in the process of including identified out of school children with disabilities, in supporting their retention and the improvement of their learning outcomes;
• Participate in facilitating psycho social support activities at school community level
2. Ensure planning and field coordination of project activities with internal and external stakeholders
• Participate in the monthly HI activity planning meetings
• Develop monthly and weekly field activity plans
• Participate in the development of project activity tools
• Coordinate field activities with HI logistics department, other HI technical teams, implementing partners and school community stakeholders
• Ensure regular coordination meeting with implementing partners field staff and school community stakeholders and represent HI.
3. Participate in the data collection and MEAL activities of the project
In close collaboration with the MEAL team:
• Maintain complete individual files for each person, including detailed descriptions of services provided and evolution of the case;
• Ensure that complete beneficiary pack is properly filled and signed;
• Respect all guidelines and documentation within the project;
• Produce weekly activity reports and contribute in the development of project reports using HI Uganda MEAL templates
• Maintain complete documentation for each activity following the recommendations and template of the project manager
• Contribute to the development of the Project Managers’ activity reports
• Participate in project review workshops
• Participate in assessments and facilitate project evaluations at field level
• Facilitate participation of stakeholders and beneficiaries in monitoring and evaluation of activities
• Ensure that field data collection is charged with the MEAL team
4. Manage and support the Community-Based Facilitators
• Participate in the recruitment of CBV
• Coordinate the daily activities of the CBV with other technical team members
• Plan and develop weekly activity plans for the CBV
• Provide technical support and on the job mentoring of the CBV
5. Respect HI identity , rules, and policies
• Promote HI’s protection of children policy, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy, the anti-fraud bribery and corruption policy and report to the line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
• Observe at all times strict commitment to HI’s Security & Safety regulations as per procedures in place at mission level.
Minimum Qualifications for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
• Proven project activity implementation skills in collaboration with stakeholders
• Capacity building, training and coaching skills
• Perfect fluency in written and oral English and strong report writing skills;
• Familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet
• Fluently spoken local languages will be an added advantage
• Knowledge of project cycle and related tools and methodologies
• Knowledge of the Education and Disability Sectors in Uganda
• Ability to work under high pressure;
• Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
• Strong communication and networking skills
• Strong interest in the fields related to HI mandate
• Strong team player and ability to work independently
• Bachelor degree in Inclusive Education, Special Needs Education or Education combined with relevant experience working with children with disabilities
• Allied Bachelor Degree (OT, SLT, Psychology, Child development) if applicant has relevant Education
• At least 1 year of professional experience in an NGO at officer level
• At least 2 years of professional experience in Education
• Experience in consortia lead projects
• Experience in the fields of inclusion/accessibility of services to persons with disabilities
• Experience in the training of adults
• Experience working in the refugee context.
How To Apply for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter as One Document (DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES) to HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position and Project applied for.
Deadline: 8th May 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.