Job Title: Finance and Administration assistant – UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
Job Location: Kampala
UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) Profile:
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, commonly known as the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) or the United Nations Human Rights Office, is a department of the Secretariat of the United Nations that works to promote and protect human rights that are guaranteed under international law and stipulated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of 1948. The office was established by the United Nations General Assembly on 20 December 1993 in the wake of the 1993 World Conference on Human Rights.
Finance Administrator responsibilities include maintaining records for all transactions, preparing monthly and quarterly financial reports and processing reimbursements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Supports in Human Resources Management
- Assist to maintain archives of all administrative contracts and financial transactions (hard and electronic copies) and updates filing systems as required.
- Assists Human resources section as necessary on request.
- Supports the Budget and Finance functions:
- Assists and supports in the receipt of all accountabilities, send out reminders to concerned staff & ensure correctness and completeness.
- Assist in travel logistics and arrangements as requested.
- Assist and support in any other request on finance related assignmentsSupports in the Procurement Functions
- Assist to update vendor profiles and covers all support aspects of Local Purchase Order processing (RFQ, collection of supporting documentation, analyse quotations for approval).Assist in procuring office supplies, computers, printers and other equipment. Ensures that se- rial numbers are recorded for Asset Management purposes.
- Assist to follow up on delivery of ordered items.
- Assist to collect all receipts of purchases and ensures that payments are done on time.
- Assist and support in any other procurement related assignments
- Supports General Administration
- Assist in supporting the preparation for conferences and workshops.
- Support the team in organizing travel requests for participants, making travel related payments and responding to any other necessary activities.
- Assist and support in any other request on Administration related assignments
- Supports Inventory management
- Assist to with the help of office assistant to carry out a periodic inventory record of all Office assets.
- Assist and support the logistic team with vehicle maintenance functions.
- Performs other related tasks, as required.
Progressive responsible experience in related financial/administrative functions. Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Office, especially Excel, Word, Excel, Power Point, etc). financial management and general administration services is an asset
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Knowledge of human rights issues and ability to identify related problems in their political, ethnic, racial, gender equality and socio-economic dimensions. Knowledge of institutional mandates of human rights organizations, prevailing policies and procedures. Re• search and analytical skills, including ability to identify and participate in the resolution of human rights issues. Ability to identify sources for data collection, analyze information and draft human rights reports. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commit• ments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; re• mains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
Planning and organization: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
Planning and Organizing, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
Candidate age: between 18 and 29 throughout the entire duration of their assignment. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
How To Apply for UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 13th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.