Job Title: Fresher Programme Assistant Child labour in Agriculture – FAO Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
Job Location: Kampala
Reports to: MEAL Specialist
The main aim of the FAO Country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner. The main aim of the FAO Country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Under the overall supervision of the FAO Representative in Uganda, and the direct technical supervision of the Assistant FAOR Programmes, supported by the National Project Coordinator, and in close collaboration with the Programme Officer, in the technical unit working on Child Labour in Agriculture at, FAO Headquarters in Rome, the Programme Assistant Child Labour in Agriculture will contribute to the implementation of national activities of the MDF-funded project: ‘Supporting Governments in addressing child labour for sustainable agricultural transformation in COVID-19 economic recovery’.
The national child labour consultant will support FAO’s Uganda on child labour elimination in agriculture.
- Technical support to knowledge generation and dissemination initiatives to expand the evidence on the prevalence of child labour in agriculture subsectors, with a focus on the 14-17 age group
- Support the coordination of capacity building activities to strengthen institutional engagement on child labour in agriculture.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Work closely to monitor implementation of activities under the FMM FAO Multi-Partner Programme Support Mechanism (FMM) and the MDF-funded project, along with the FMM National Coordinator.
• Support the dissemination of the visual facilitators guide ‘Protect Children from Pesticides!’ and e-learning course on ending child labour in agriculture.
• Support the publication, printing and dissemination of the visual facilitators’ guide: ‘Protect young people from exposure to occupational safety and health risks in agriculture’.
• Support the organization, the running and the follow-up of a national workshop on the role of agriculture stakeholders in ending child labour in agriculture.
• Work closely with relevant service provider to monitor and support the piloting of Income Generating Activities (IGAs) in Karamoja region.
• Support the finalization of the legal study report and policy brief.
• Support FAO presence in the Alliance 8.7 meetings in Uganda, pathfinder country, to give visibility to the issues of child labour in agriculture and the nexus with food security.
• In coordination with the FRUGA FMM National Coordinator and the RAF regional child labour consultant, support FAO’ inputs, participation and visibility into national events, and contribution to the regional process for the observance of the International Year for the Elimination of Child Labour.
• Contribute, as required, to FAO Uganda Programme and participate in relevant meetings and activities.
Minimum Qualifications for FAO Uganda Jobs 2021
• University Degree relevant in agricultural discipline, economics or related social sciences relevant to rural development
• At least 2 years relevant experience in agriculture/rural development programmes in Uganda;
• National of Uganda or resident with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
• Results Focus
• Building Effective Relationships
• Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
• Demonstrated knowledge of social protection, youth employment and child labour issues;
• Work experience in administration, organization and management of agriculture/food security programmes/projects integrating social dimensions;
• Good understanding of the principles of results-based management and capacity to develop plans, organize resources and take actions to ensure objectives achieved within realistic time lines;
• Good understanding of the government structure and the international stakeholders present in Uganda, and experience in working with the government agencies;
• Excellent knowledge of oral and written English;
• Team player.
• Relevant academic background;
• Relevant knowledge and experience in on agriculture/rural development/employment and child labour;
• Extent of experience administration and management of agriculture/food security;
• Knowledge and experience in capacity building initiatives;
• English skills
How To Apply for FAO Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 19th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.