Job Title: No Experience Finance Associate – Kaizen Company Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: The Kaizen Company
Duty Station: Kampala
Reports to: Finance and Administration Specialist
The Kaizen Company Profile:
The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is an international development consulting firm and an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. Our proven solutions catalyze locally driven organizational and institutional performance improvements and establish communities of practice that facilitate peer-to-peer learning and the achievement of shared goals. We aspire to transform the nature and impact of development assistance and work to strengthen organizations and institutions through innovative approaches to organizational development, reform, and change.
The Kaizen Company provides Associate positions (or internships) to current university students, recent graduates, and new professionals from various academic fields to provide opportunities to apply their knowledge toward work experience. Kaizen and the Uganda Organizational Development Activity (ODA) strongly believe that internships provide on the job mentorship and training opportunities in the areas of finance, human resources, leadership, and administration with experienced ODA staff members. The Finance Associate will have a clearly defined role and scope of work and will be supervised by Finance and Administration Specialist, who will monitor the intern’s progress to ensure effective learning and a positive experience. The Finance Associate will work full-time (40 hours per week) for six months with the potential to extend for an additional six months.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review and understand the process for preparing and submitting monthly field report
- Review procurement documents for completeness and prepare disbursement vouchers.
- Attach proof of payment, vendor receipts to disbursement vouchers, and stamp the documents as ‘PAID’.
- Support disbursement of vouchers and journal entries
- Receive and verify orders (when placed by the Project Coordinator)
- Place orders as needed.
- Organize and track all documents to and from Finance and Administration department
- Review payment requests against receipts provided
- Arrange payments to suppliers and subcontractors
- Prepare purchase requisitions as needed
- Understand and manage the maintenance of electronic, scanned, and manual filing systems for all financial and administration documents
- Carry out inventory reconciliation and tagging and numbering of assets
- Reconcile office supplies, requisition consumables, and stationery from stores
- Assist in the documentation and gathering necessary information to prepare a VAT report and other financial reports
- Other finance and administration areas as needed
- Degree in Accounting, Business Administration (B. Com, BBA) or comparable certifications/qualifications
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English (both oral and written)
- Must demonstrate initiative and proactiveness
- Must possess a professional demeanour and ability to work in a team environment.
- A high degree of integrity
- Proven attention to details (will be tested)
- Ability to prioritize, work plan and manage multiple tasks
- Ability to work independently and display initiative
- A sense of timeliness
- Quick learner and open to learning
How To Apply for Kaizen Company Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 18th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.