Job Title: Fresher Field Agronomist – NFT Consult Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: NFT Consult Uganda
Job Location: Masindi
Located in Masindi District, Budongo area our client’s Sugarcane Farm is at the heart of the watershed for one of nature’s most spectacular marine environments and is proud to play a part in the environment conservation of through sustainable agricultural management at a large scale.
We are currently looking for an Agronomist who will also double as a Sugarcane Farm Manager responsible for independently running and managing an organic sugarcane farming operation on approximately 500 acres of land. Unique duties will include all aspects of the day-to-day running of the farm encompassing, but not limited to: cultivation and agronomy of sugarcane, harvesting, labor management, minor repairs/maintenance, strategic planning, budgeting & record keeping.
This position requires a strong, practical knowledge of agricultural skills and farm management. In order to be considered for the role applicants will need to have relevant farm management experience with a solid track record and the ability to work independently as well as manage a farm labor force.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Your primary role is to ensure that expected production is always met. You will be accountable for the delivery of expected yields from the farms.
• Recruiting, training and supervising Farm staff.
• Crop budgeting and planning, and permanent record keeping Coordination of harvestings and advising the management of daily harvestings.
• Crop rotation planning and hybrid/variety selection recommendations
• Visiting fields to collect seed, plant, and soil samples and testing samples for nutritional deficiencies, diseases, or other changes.
• Prepare and present detailed field reports to the lead supervisor and management
• Ensuring that logistics coordinator observes proper transportation and documentation of produce from the field to the end customer.
• Researching, developing, and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
• Insect, weed and disease monitoring / diagnostics
• Assisting with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
• Ensuring the produce meets the international buyer requirements.
• Making chemical, fertilizer and seed recommendations.
• Proactively promote and inform sales team on current and potential upcoming agronomic issues that affect growing crops.
• Keep up to date with agronomic practices by attend company sponsored workshops and seminars to gain and maintain agronomic knowledge.
• Sound knowledge of fertilizer and chemical products with fertilization recommendations
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Demonstrate PR and interpersonal skills, leadership skills, supervisory skills and strategic planning
• Diploma/Degree in Horticulture or an equivalent combination of education.
• Have at least 1 years of field experience in agribusiness.
How To Apply for NFT Consult Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 12th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.