Job Title: Data Fellow – Dalberg Group Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Dalberg Group Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Dalberg Group Uganda Profile:
Dalberg Group is a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Capital, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Data Insights and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg Data Insights is looking for 3 Data Fellows who can join the team in July 2021. As a data fellow, you will become an active member of a team that is working on an ongoing project, and learn first-hand what it takes to build impactful data solutions. You will rotate between different Data Science and Project Management roles, thereby receiving a unique overview of how different functions operate within a successful project. The Data Fellowship programme will help you to discover your strengths and use them to grow into the job that fits you best. As entrepreneurship and creativity is highly valued at DDI, we also encourage Data Fellows to drive their own initiatives related to data for development. The fellowship programme is 6-months long and full-time employment will be offered to the top performers.
You want to be building data tools and inclusive data ecosystems to help public and development actors take better decisions. You are aspiring to tackle global issues, from spread of pandemics to climate change to youth unemployment, ensuring no population is left behind. You are a problem solver and a committed self-starter. You do the extra mile to excel professionally. You are curious and a fast learner.
You are disciplined and attentive to data systems. You are passionate about the design of algorithms to solve pressing problems using (big) data and pride yourself on being up to date with the latest trends in the data engineering field. You are comfortable picking up any programming language or software and have the ability to learn quickly. You are curious about using new software engineering approaches to make customer-oriented solutions better, more stable and scalable. You are self-driven, agile and able to work independently and on multiple engagements simultaneously. You do not shy away from working in multicultural and multi-location teams. You value diversity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Curious, resourceful, confident under pressure, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment
• Self-driven, agile and able to work independently and on multiple engagements simultaneously
• Build algorithms and design experiments to merge, manage, massive pipes of data
• Automating analyses and authoring data pipelines
• Helping to design and implement complex data systems
• Design, build and scale server-side applications
• Design and build front-end applications
• Communicate your ideas and rationale to the project manager or client, and see concepts through to the final design deliverable.
• Masters Degree in Data Science, Engineering or similar
• 0-2 years of experience working with digital solutions that may involve big data
• Experience solving analytical problems using quantitative or systematic approaches
• Ability to design and build complex applications on back or front-end
• Deep statistical knowledge is a plus
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
How To Apply for Dalberg Group Uganda Jobs 2021
This opportunity is in our Dakar, Kampala and Nairobi offices.
• Please submit your application at our Career Center by May 31, 2021 at 11:59 ET.
• Your application should include a resume and a brief motivation letter. During the same recruitment period, please only apply to one position at Dalberg. This position should be the role best suited to your current professional experience.
• Candidate applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Candidates selected for interviews will be invited for a number of interviews to test analytical and conceptual thinking skills through consulting case questions and to discuss interests and experience. A candidate’s specific title and level of entry will be assessed during the interview process.
Click to apply https://dalberg.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/294
Deadline: 31st May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.