Job Title: O-Level Office Cleaner (Urban) – IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, protection & rule of law, gender-based violence and women’s protection and empowerment, economic recovery and development.
Under the direct supervision of the HR and Admin Officer/Assistant, the Office Cleaner is responsible for maintaining the general cleanliness of the premises at all times.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Always maintains cleanliness inside and outside the office premises daily.
- Cleans floors and windows of the premises daily.
- Empty and clean dustbins, wastepaper baskets daily and dispose of rubbish in designated areas.
- Ensure that washrooms are always kept clean and well stocked with the necessary toiletries daily.
- Ensure that all office furniture and equipment are clean and well-arranged daily.
- Maintain the kitchen area and clean all surfaces and other appliances.
- Ensure that the kitchen store is always well stocked with the necessary kitchen utilities.
- Ensure requirements for tea/coffee making are available at the kitchen/pantry counter at all times i.e. teacups, sugar, coffee, teaspoons.
- Assist in arranging for in house meetings i.e. (arranging meeting room).
- Undertake internal errands for staff including photocopying and preparation of documents.
- Assist with any other office duties as may be required by your supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
- Minimum O – Level Certificate with a good command of the English language
- At least one years’ experience working in a similar position (preferred)
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently under minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Honest, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Willing to adhere to and implement the IRC rules.
- Good interpersonal and time management skills.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 17th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.