Job Title: MEAL Coordinator Cash – Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Save the Children
Job Location: Uganda
Save the Children Profile:
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize children’s rights and ensure their voices are heard. We are working towards 3 breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
The job holder is responsible for providing oversight for the EDUCATION Consortium INCLUDE project MEAL function including; design and implementation of basic MEAL tools to adequately plan, monitor, and report in an accurate and timely manner on program performance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In collaboration with the CMU MEAL Manager, Head of MEAL, Partners’ MEAL staff and the Programme teams, the job holder ensures that the Programme undertakes routine Quality Improvement, Result Monitoring & Data Quality assessment, has information briefs, regular sharing of Programme updates with stakeholders, a mechanism for collecting, tracking and responding to feedback and complaints from Programme stakeholders.
- In addition, the job holder ensures that quality benchmarks are used during implementation of Programme activities and puts in place a tailor-made documentation strategy for impact stories, reports, and best practices and makes sure that lessons learnt feed into Education Programme planning processes.
- The staff is responsible for ensuring that Programme data on outputs and outcome progress is collected, analysed and synthesised accurately and in a timely manner; supports the training of Programme team and partners in quality data collection and management including use of data to inform decisions on the Programme priorities.
- The job holder may be called upon as and when necessary to support the emergency teams outside the project location.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Statistics, Economics or Development Studies with Post Graduate training in M&E or Project planning and Management.
- Minimum of three years working experience in monitoring and evaluation working experience (preferably in Education/protection related programmes with an International NGO).
- Knowledge and use of various survey methods for monitoring of different programs.
- Training and mentorship of Community based volunteers, Sub-county as well as District level partners in data collection management and reporting.
- Additional training and experience in biostatistics or monitoring and evaluation and MIS of an added advantage.
- Experience of working with local partners and District Local Government in Child Rights Governance, Health, Nutrition, Education and Child Protection is an added advantage.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic planning abilities.
- Sound written and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team.
- Willingness to travel and work in hard-to-reach areas, occasionally under strenuous conditions.
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must. Microsoft office especially word, spreadsheet (Excel), Access, SPSS and GIS applications).
- Availability and willingness to work extra hours during times of humanitarian responses.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Ability to intervene with crisis management or troubleshooting as necessary.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
Excellent time management and planning capacity.
How To Apply for Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 14th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.