Job Title: Management Information System (MIS) – UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Uganda
World Food Programme (WFP) Profile
United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) is the world’s largest humanitarian agency, fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need. In emergencies, WFP gets food to where it is needed, saving the lives of victims of war, civil conflict and natural disasters. After an emergency, WFP uses food to help communities rebuild their lives. On average, WFP reaches more than 80 million people with food assistance in 80 countries each year. The organization has the global footprint, deep field presence and local knowledge and relationships necessary to provide access to food and contribute to lasting solutions, especially in many of the world’s most remote and fragile areas.
The Management Information System (MIS) – Social Protection will contribute to the development of efficient and effective business solutions, working closely with the business to translate their needs into clear requirements and functional specifications, developing solutions, and ensuring all requirements of change and projects are met.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Contribute towards the development of work plans, and deliver business and/or IT solutions, ensuring alignment with wider WFP policies, standards and strategy.
- Analyse and translate business needs into high level and detailed business requirements, and develop solutions that resolve existing issues and make improvements to support local and corporate business objectives.
- Contribute to identifying business needs, and propose well-researched ideas for new and/or improved systems, tools, and processes, technical knowledge and understanding of WFP objectives.
- Support the review and/or creation of business cases using modelling tools, cost benefit analysis and impact assessments to support or define efficient and effective solutions.
- Provide coordination and support project managers regarding estimates, business cases, risk identification, problem and issue management to enable the delivery of solutions into the business to agreed time, budget and standards.
- Document and support the creation of business/system requirements, and standards, processes and procedures to govern and guide the use of solutions.
- Collate and analyse data for the preparation of accurate and timely reports relating to current and proposed projects, to enable informed decision-making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Support the capability building of WFP staff, through answering queries and updating training materials, manuals and guidelines.
- Maintain effective relationships with WFP business owners and users in order to better understand, and keep up to date with business needs and strategies.
- Guide more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with complex analysis.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of a crisis.
- Other as required.
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP) Management Information System (MIS) – Social Protection job vacancy must hold an advanced University degree in a relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- Typically three or more years of postgraduate professional experience in a relevant field of work, with a background and interest in international humanitarian development.
- Broad or specialised knowledge of business/systems analysis best practices, techniques and processes with some understanding of the basic theoretical background.
- Knowledge of the common notation for business and systems.
- Ability to establish priorities, and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work plan.
- Basic project management skills.
- Good business acumen, and commercial awareness.
- Ability to collect data and conduct analysis to provide advice/develop solutions to straightforward issues.
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Ability to manage risk; knowledge of associated tools and techniques.
- Good communication skills required to give and receive information, and work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to build and maintain good working relationships internally and externally.
- Knowledge of, or the ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
- Ability to supervise and support more junior and/or less experienced members of the team.
- Language: International Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese. National Professional: Fluency (level C) in English language and the duty station’s language, if different.
NB: Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
How To Apply for UN WFP Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.