Job Title: Project Supervisor – HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Handicap International Federation
Job Location: Arua
Responsible to: Project Manager
Project: Innovative and Inclusive accelerated Education Programme for refugee and host community children (INCLUDE)
Handicap International Federation Profile:
Handicap International Federation (operating under the name Humanity & Inclusion) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
About INCLUDE Project: In West Nile, HI in partnership with Save the Children (Consortium Lead), Norwegian Refugee Council, War Child Holland and Finn Church Aid is implementing the European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) funded INnovative and inCLUsive accelerated eDucationprogrammE for refugee and host community children (INCLUDE) project in Rhino (Omugo) and Imvepi settlements. In this project, HI supports partners to ensure inclusion of children with disabilities in mainstream primary schools. The project will support mainstream education actors to improve their capacity to create inclusive education environments for children with disabilities within their Education Response in line with the Education Response Plan.
Project supervisors are responsible for coordinating all labor needs for a given project. This involves picking internal team members, as well as hiring and training external labor when necessary. It also involves creating and delivering project instructions to all team members.
Roles and Responsibilities for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021:
Under the supervision of the Project Manager and in direct coordination with HI Technical Unit and Operations Manager, the Project supervisor will: Implement, facilitate and follow-up, on a daily basis, the project activities in accordance with the project implementation plans In collaboration with the targeted school management committees, school community stakeholders and in close collaboration with the HI rehabilitation and MHPSS teams
- Facilitate inclusive education barrier and facilitators assessments
- Provide technical support for the development and implementation of each Schools’ inclusive education action plans
- Participate in the identification of class inclusive learning materials to be provided to each school.
- Facilitate capacity strengthening activities through provision of training for education staff and mentoring of teachers
- Facilitate inclusive education awareness raising sessions for Parent Teacher Associations and school communities:
- Facilitate disability assessments of school children with disabilities
- Support schools in the process of including identified out of school children with disabilities, in supporting their retention and the improvement of their learning outcomes;
- Participate in facilitating psycho social support activities at school community level
Ensure planning and field coordination of project activities with internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in the monthly HI activity planning meetings
- Develop monthly and weekly field activity plans
- Participate in the development of project activity tools
- Coordinate field activities with HI logistics department, other HI technical teams, implementing partners and school community stakeholders
- Ensure regular coordination meeting with implementing partners field staff and school community stakeholders and represent HI.
Participate in the data collection and MEAL activities of the project
- In close collaboration with the MEAL team:
- Maintain complete individual files for each person, including detailed descriptions of services provided and evolution of the case;
- Ensure that complete beneficiary pack is properly filled and signed;
- Respect all guidelines and documentation within the project;
- Produce weekly activity reports and contribute in the development of project reports using HI Uganda MEAL templates
- Maintain complete documentation for each activity following the recommendations and template of the project manager
- Contribute to the development of the Project Managers’ activity reports
- Participate in project review workshops
- Participate in assessments and facilitate project evaluations at field level
- Facilitate participation of stakeholders and beneficiaries in monitoring and evaluation of activities
- Ensure that field data collection is charged with the MEAL team
Act as team leader at settlement level for HI team.
- Support the team with technical support and guidance through field visits, facilitation of team meetings and comprehensive case reviews, provision of trainings under the supervision of technical unit members;
- Ensure regular feedback to PM and technical unit on the challenges faced by the team on the field; Ensure weekly and monthly activity reporting.
- Facilitate peer support to HI settlement team through weekly technical meetings on Inclusive Education.
- Ensure HI representation to coordination meetings and partner’s or stakeholders’ activities at settlement level by delegation of the Project Manager.
Manage and support the Community-Based Facilitators
- Participate in the recruitment of CBV
- Coordinate the daily activities of the CBV with other technical team members
- Plan and develop weekly activity plans for the CBV
- Provide technical support and on the job mentoring of the CBV
Respect HI identity , rules, and policies
- Promote HI’s protection of children policy, the protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse policy, the anti-fraud bribery and corruption policy and report to the line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners.
- Observe at all times strict commitment to HI’s Security & Safety regulations as per procedures in place at mission level.
Minimum Qualifications for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Humanity & Inclusion Project Supervisor job placement should hold a Post graduate qualification is an added advantage.
- Bachelor degree in Inclusive Education, Special Needs Education or Education combined with relevant experience working with children with disabilities
- Allied Bachelor Degree (OT, SLT, Psychology, Child development) if applicant has relevant Education
- At least 3 years of professional experience in an NGO at supervisory level
- At least 2 years of professional experience in Education
- Experience in consortia lead projects
- Experience in the fields of inclusion / accessibility of services / services to persons with disabilities
- Experience in training of adults
- Experience working in refugee context.
- Proven project activity implementation skills in collaboration with stakeholders
- Capacity building, training and coaching skills
- Perfect fluency in written and oral English and strong report writing skills;
- Familiar with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and internet
- Fluently spoken local languages will be an added advantage
- Knowledge of project cycle and related tools and methodologies
- Knowledge of the Education and Disability Sectors in Uganda
- Ability to work under high pressure;
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Strong interest in the fields related to HI mandate
- Strong team player and ability to work independently
Condition: Starting Date: 1st June 2021 Length of contract: Till April 2022 Basic Salary: UGX 3,601,199 /= NB:
- Humanity and Inclusion is an Equal Opportunity Employer, we encourage females and persons with disabilities to apply to become a part of our organization.
- HI staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the Code of Conduct.
- HI operates and enforces policies on beneficiary protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-fraud, bribery, and corruption.
- HI does not solicit funds in exchange for employment opportunities.
How To Apply for HIF Uganda Jobs 2021
If you feel you meet the requirements, please send an updated CV (3 pages max, including three professional referees current and/or past line managers) with a cover letter as One Document (DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES) to HR department at email@example.com indicating the position and Project applied for.
Deadline: 10th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.