Job Title: Community Outreach Coordinator – Africa Retreat Centre Jobs 2021
Organization: Africa Retreat Centre
Duty Station: Uganda
Africa Retreat Centre Profile:
Africa Retreat Centre is an Addiction and Mental health treatment facility discreetly situated in Bukoto, easily accessible by road. We are a collection of professionals committed to addiction and mental health treatment and facilities designed to be a temporary home as you start your journey to freedom. Our carefully crafted approach encompasses all aspects of addiction treatment, from intervention and detox to ongoing support after you leave our program. We are in it with you for the long haul to ensure your greatest odds of success. Our clients hear it all the time: If you won’t quit, we won’t quit on you. The members of our highly-skilled team have extensive experience in the field of mental health and addiction treatment, which equips us to provide you with the customized care necessary to address your precise needs. Even more important than their experience is their commitment to your success, sticking with you through every step of the process as you navigate your journey to recovery. Many of our team members have walked in your shoes and understand firsthand the challenges and obstacles facing those in addiction treatment.
Africa Retreat Centre is looking for a talented, professional and mature full-time Community Outreach Coordinator to establish and maintain our organisation name and image within the communities that we operate. If you are awesome at meeting new people and easily able to start up conversations, then this maybe the job for you. You will represent the company and work with the management team to develop and implement initiatives that increase company visibility.
Roles and responsibilities:
2. Initiating and assisting with both voluntary and involuntary hospitalizations based on the risk of harm to self and others.
3. Responding to calls regarding individuals needing services for stabilization.
4. Corresponding to emails and phone calls.
5. Assisting those who walk-in our door for the first time and giving them information and resources.
6. Organizing meetings, events, and seeking out opportunities to make our organization’s presence known.
7. Collaborate with our program coordinators about case eligibility.
8. Develop and implement programmes that address public health concerns.
9. Developing and executing annual community outreach plans in line with the Centre’s objectives.
10. Identifying, evaluating, and prioritizing potential referral sources within the country and region.
11. Establishing and maintaining professional relationships with all referral sources, including but not limited to the following: Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), hospitals, medical professionals, Wellness Agencies, community-based organisations, NGOs, Insurance Agencies sub-acute rehabilitation facilities/detox centres, service coordination companies, community leaders, Law Enforcement Agencies, and physicians.
12. Execute outreach campaigns and offer feedback on their effectiveness.
13. Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community events, workshops, appearances, and other communication opportunities.
14. Nurture new and old relationships with collaborative partners.
Some of these events may be during evening hours or weekends.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required: The appointed Community Outreach Coordinator for the organisation should meet the following qualifications:
1. Experience in sales, healthcare, marketing, public relations, business development, or social services preferred. Equivalent experience in case management, discharge planning or social work may be considered.
2. Must have strong organizational skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
4. Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms.
5. Ability to work independently and be accountable for results.
6. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
7. Working knowledge of personal computers (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other applications preferred.
8. Knowledge of the healthcare industry and the mental health sector preferred.
9. Ability to identify the needs (“pain”) of a referral source and present a solution.
10. Clean, professional image, behaviour and demeanour are expected of all times.
11. Satisfactory background screening results.
How To Apply for Africa Retreat Centre Jobs 2021
Closing Date: 28th May 2021 at 4:59 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.