Job Title: Theatre Assistant – Medical Teams International Jobs 2021
Organization: Medical Teams International
Duty Station: Mbarara
Medical Teams International Profile
Medical Teams International is the first line of humanitarian aid for refugees, disaster victims, and mothers worldwide. Help heal a hurting world today. Medical Teams is recognized by the United Nations for the quality of our work to make sure refugees throughout Uganda have access to life-saving medical care.
Responsible for sterilizing and preparing theatre equipment, instruments, and surfaces according to hygiene standards and procedures to ensure high quality of care and a safe environment for the patient.
Job Location: Kyaka
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Strictly apply all specific sterilization and hygiene protocols and security rules; proactively seek advice and clarifications from the Anaesthetic Officer about the specific protocols or procedure to follow in each specific case
• Sterilize all surgical instruments and equipment and prepare surgical trolleys for operation
• Assist the surgical team before, during, and after operations as requested
• Assist in preparing patients for surgery, explaining procedures, and transporting patients between the ward and operating room
• Scrub, glove, mask and gown the surgical team
• Pass surgical instruments to the surgeon, cut sutures, apply dressings and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis
• Dispose of surgical waste safely in accordance with IPC procedures and protocol
• Ensure biomedical equipment is in good working order by using in accordance with user manual and protocols, perform cleaning and minor maintenance, and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning
• Ensure that medical practices are conducted with the highest level of integrity and ethics according to professional and MTI Code of Conduct
• Ensure direct reports have clear objectives, receive mentorship and participate in capacity building opportunities
• Conduct performance evaluations and enforce disciplinary procedures as per MTI policy
• Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, Licences and Certifications
• A certificate in Theatre Techniques is required
• Registration with Allied Health Professionals Council is required
• A valid practicing license is required
• 2 years of experience in a similar role is required
• Experience working with an international NGO is an added advantage
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of instrument sterilization
• Knowledge of infection prevention and control (IPC) protocol
• Skilled in applying dressings and preparing specimens for laboratory analysis
• Good communication skills, with good command of spoken English
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Physically fit with the ability to move a patient from operating table to trolley
• Ability to take action without waiting to be told what to do
• Ability to pay attention to details
• Ability to follow IPC protocol
• Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
This position requires work at health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
NOTE: The above job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this position. Duties, responsibilities and skills are also subject to change based on the changing needs of the job, department or organization. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by Medical Teams International as the requirements of the job change.
How To Apply for Medical Teams International Jobs 2021
1. Interested applicants who meet the minimum criteria should visit the link https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=24036&clientkey=BE1660BE3D0630C7C609C2764DD1B065 to apply. Please include at least 3work related referees on your CV preferably people who have worked with you in your current role and previous and understand your competence and conduct.
2. Only online applications will be accepted. Your application will only be reviewed if you have fulfilled all the requirements and system application procedures. Please note that if your application is successfully received, you will receive an email confirming the receipt of your application and informing you of the next step. Ensure that all required fields marked with * are filled before submitting your application.
3. Medical Teams International does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, Shortlisting, interview meeting, processing, reference verification, training or any other fees)
4. Medical Teams International will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity.
5. Medical Teams International is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: 26th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.