Job Title: Fresher Base Finance Officer – Action Against Hunger Jobs 2021
Organization: Action Against Hunger
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Program Manager/Regional Program Coordinator
Action Against Hunger Jobs 2021 Profile
Action Against Hunger-USA is part of the Action Against Hunger International network, which provides humanitarian relief in over 40 countries worldwide in the sectors of nutrition, health, water/sanitation, and food security. Action Against Hunger-USA, an independent NGO, currently manages operations in 9 countries: Kenya, South Sudan, Nigeria, Pakistan, Cambodia, Tanzania, Uganda, Haiti and Somalia. Action Against Hunger-USA has over $92 million in programs, and approximately 2000 staff based in in the various country offices and the three Head Quarter Locations of New York City, Washington D.C, Nairobi. Additional growth is anticipated.
The Base Finance will be responsible for finance, and ensure respect and proper implementation of rules, regulations and procedures at base level.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Cash & Bank Management:
- Responsible for finance at base level by ensuring the respect of ACF financial procedures related to cash management and bank transactions;
- To make payments, advances and transfers, ONLY if the Procurement Request and Supplier have previously been duly approved by the Field Manager;
- Make sure advances are cleared within 48 hours and no advances are outstanding at the end of the month;
- Record all the transactions in SAGA. The ledgers should be updated on a daily basis to be able to deal with cash control at any time and bank reconciliation;
- Responsible for making follow-ups on advances and transfers & keep all bills in the folder relative to the specific month;
- Ensure each transaction is justified by an appropriate invoice/receipt, and to ensure the quality of receipts (name, patent number, stamp, description, date, amount etc) included the procurement file;
- Comply with purchasing procedures upon remitting advances and inform the logistics department of purchasing procedures and of data required on the invoices.
- Compile the cash forecast of each department and send to Field Manager for validation;
- Ensure that there is budget for the expenses being requested;
- Ensure that only expenses included in the cash forecast are being carried out;
- Control with the Field Manager and Base Logistician that the PRs are properly filled in with correct budget codes, and are properly recorded and followed up until payment.
- Ensure the good quality of SAGA: budget lines, accounting codes, project codes, descriptions…
- To submit monthly accountancy closure to Assistant Finance Co. in Kampala at the end of the month;
- Organize a checkup session of budget lines with the Program Managers;
- Send to Assistant Finance Co. the monthly saga report: saga backup, the signed cash control, list of advances outstanding, bank reconciliation, originals of all receipts attached to the procurement file. In case some documents are missing, a short explanatory note should be joined.
Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration/Finance.
- At least two years’ previous experience in an NGO, preferably in a similar role.
- Substantial knowledge of SAGA accounting software
- Knowledge of financial and HR procedures expected.
- Stress management and motivation
- Demonstrated experience and/or personal commitment to promoting gender equality within the work
- Ability to train and follow up teams.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Autonomous and able to take initiative.
- Able to set own deadlines and meet them.
- Fluent English;
- Professional computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, internet, and email.
How To Apply for Action Against Hunger Jobs 2021
All candidates should submit their applications online, Click Here OR submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants must attach a cover letter and an updated resume as one document (Word or PDF) mentioning the position title and location in the subject line.
Deadline: 28th May 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.