Job Title: 2 Fresher Adult Education Officers – FRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Finnish Refugee Council (FRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports To: Adult Education Team Leader
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) Profile
Finnish Refugee Council (FRC) is an INGO promoting adult education and community development among refugees since 1997 as an operational partner to UNHCR and OPM. Currently FRC is implementing literacy and language trainings, as well as livelihood related trainings in selected refugee settlements and nearby Ugandan communities with support from Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, and financial literacy trainings in all refugee settlements in Uganda with support from World Food Programme (WFP). The professional work force in these projects is currently 80 persons.
The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, arrange and monitor adult education training to the adult refugees and host communities, and to provide technical support and mentoring to the volunteer literacy and language instructors. The position is part of the “Adult Education” – project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developing programmes of learning activities.
- Planning, preparing and researching lessons.
- Preparing teaching materials.
- Contact/teaching time with students on an individual or group basis.
- Checking and assessing students’ work and giving feedback.
• Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education; or in Pedagogy/or Community Development combined with strong hands-on experience in Adult Education and Literacy.
• Experience in training, material development, participatory assessments.
• At least a year of professional work experience in Adult Education with communities
• Willingness to travel and live in rural project locations.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and achieve results.
• Experience working with NGOs, local communities and authorities.
• Ability to use standard computing packages.
• Knowledge of languages spoken by major refugee groups; Kiswahili, Kinyarwanda, Dinka, Nuer, Madi etc. is an advantage.
• Motorcycle riding skills is a MUST.
How To Apply for FRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Email Application to email@example.com. Application and CVs should be one document, and a maximum of 5 pages.
Include in your application letter:
• Quote the Position and Location you are applying for.
• Gross salary request,
• Contact details (email and telephone) of 3 professional reference persons. Do NOT email copies of any certificates.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from FRC by 30th June, your application has not been successful.
Deadline: 3rd June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.