Job Title: Access to Justice Officer – UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021
Job Location: Kampala
UN Women Profile:
The United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women, also known as UN Women, is a United Nations entity working for the empowerment of women. UN Women became operational in January 2011.
The key objective of the assignment is to provide technical assistance and specialist services on Women and Girls Access Justice through Effective, Accountable and Gender-Responsive Institutions program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under overall guidance of the Ending Violence Against Women and Girls Specialist, the UNV will perform the following tasks and deliverables:
- Provide technical support to the implementation of the Women and Girls Access Justice through Effective, Accountable and Gender-Responsive Institutions program.
- Support monitoring and measurement of project progress (programme activity, results, and indicators) and tracking the delivery of funds and prepare project reports as required.
- Review and coordinate the submission of implementing partner financial and narrative reports.
- Monitor the implementation of proposals by responsible partners.
- Provide inputs to quarterly reports, donor reports and other reports on outputs, results outputs, and outcomes.
- Provide technical assistance and capacity development support to project partners.
- Provide technical support to the implementation of programme activities with partners.
- Identify opportunities for capacity building of partners and coordinate technical/ programming support and trainings to partners as indicated in the project document.
- Contribute to organizing quarterly programme review meetings with all EVAWG partners.
- Development of ToR for consultancies to be undertaken during the project lifespan
- Support UN Women to strengthen strategic partnerships with stakeholders, actors, and development partners.
- Support UN Women to build and maintain close liaison with relevant development partners, donors and other actors supporting efforts towards gender justice including the private sector.
- Support UN Women to maintain alliances and strategic partnerships for the advancement of gender justice.
- Provide inputs to relevant documentation such as project summaries, conference papers, briefing notes, speeches, and donor profiles.
- Contribute to development of EVAW knowledge products.
- Provide inputs to the development of knowledge management products on ending Violence Against Women and Girls.
- Provide technical inputs to background documents, briefs and presentations related to ending Violence Against Women and Girls through enhancing their access to justice.
- Support in analysis of trends, documentation and synthesis of lessons learned and best practices for dissemination.
- Participate in EVAW/G community of practice with a focus on access to justice for women and girls.
- Organize, compile and process information related to donors, partners, programme team as inputs to various data bases and documents.
- Provide administrative support to the EVAW portfolio
- Undertake all logistical, administrative, and financial arrangements for organization for meetings, workshops, events, and missions.
- Make travel arrangements for the Programme Team, including travel requisitions and claims.
- Draft minutes in meetings, as delegated.
- Support the systematic collection and update information and related on-going or planned bilateral, multilateral, and non-governmental programs.
- Ensure up-to-date programme files for audit of programmes/ projects and tracking of programme delivery.
- Organize and coordinate filing of documents; maintain mailing lists.
A first-level university degree in combination with two additional years of qualifying experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
Relevant work experience in development programme/project implementation, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, donor reporting and capacity building.
Experience in the programming on EVAWG with a focus on gender justice is an asset.
Experience of working with the Justice, Law and Order Sector.
Experience coordinating and liaising with government agencies and/or donors is an asset.
Experience in communication and advocacy on gender and women’s rights.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Human rights. justice, Law and Order Sector.
Planning and Organizing, Respect for Diversity, Working in Teams
How To Apply for UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 9th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.