Job Title: Fresher Research and Product Development Executive – Mukwano Industries Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Mukwano Industries Uganda Limited
Duty Station: Uganda
Mukwano Industries Uganda Limited Profile:
Mukwano industries Uganda Limited is the leading conglomerate in East and Central Africa and a major player in key business sectors covering manufacturing, agriculture, and logistics supply chain that drives the Ugandan economy. Its origins date back to 1910 when members of the family first set foot in East Africa and established a trading company. The business has grown through visionary diversification into various areas of manufacturing, agriculture, property development, and logistics, and supply-chain management.
We are proud to have attained local and regional recognition for the production of a wide range of high quality and affordable Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCGs) ranging from laundry, toilet soaps, edible oils and fats, powder detergents, domestic and industrial plastics, packaged drinking water and proteins for animal feeds with state of art technology cutting across all sectors.
Mukwano ranks among the top taxpayers in Uganda and employs a workforce in excess of 7,000 staff, whilst ensuring that the highest environmental, health, and safety practices are adhered to and maintained in all production and operational procedures. Mukwano is certified by ISO 9001:2015 and 22000:2005 (Reg: No. 0302010), Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS), the Halal Bureau, and also ISO 22000:2005 covering water production.
To contribute to the development of the product market strategy, define new product requirements, and drive new product development to grow products in line with the organisation’s goals.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Consulting with various process stake holders in regard to design requirements and regulations
- Coordinating the process of creating and developing new products.
- Research and develop new ideas and processes to improve the performance and design for new or existing products/ Brands.
- Brand labeling and packaging coordination from development, verification, Approach and Execution
- Through qualitative and validated Research and Market information, Determines customers’ needs and desires.
- Coordinate and participate in new product development process and requirements, implement agreed action plans.
- Conduct ‘Customer Satisfaction Survey’. Make recommendations for present and future products
- Assesses competitors’ products on market share, draft analysis and comparative reports.
- Be part in sales strategy team to set short-term and long-term product sales forecasts.
- Allocate, file and maintain Bar Coding for respective Brands and their specific key units.
- Do market research and make share findings on competitor products specifications, pricing imbalances.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies, Trade Fairs ,etc.
- Part of team participating in promotions, exhibitions, trade fairs, new product launches etc where brand recognition and visibility is boosted.
- Develop and submit many data analysis, qualitative and critical reports for all products performance records, future recommendations, change in sales strategy, market behaviors etc.
- Compliant to laid company policy procedures, SOP under ISO system. Participate in all internal and external qualitative audits, customers audits etc.
- Any other duties assigned by your supervisor
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration or any other related field.
- A post Graduate Diploma or Master’s Degree in Business Administration with a specialty in marketing is an added advantage.
- 2 years of relevant experience in a marketing field in FMCGs is required
- Reasonable knowledge of MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint.
Skills and competencies
- Product Management, People Management, Good Customer Care skills, Product Development, Pricing, Planning, Competitive Analysis, Sales Planning, Inventory Control, Financial Planning and Strategy
- Self-motivated with excellent personnel management skills
- Knowledge of different Computer programs, particularly MS Office, Excel, Advanced Excel, and MS Word.
- Ability to handle multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced working environment
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent team player and has the ability to manage time in an efficient manner
How To Apply for Mukwano Industries Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 10th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.