Job Title: Fresher Accounts and Office Administrator – ADP Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Africa Development Promise (ADP)
Duty Station: Plot 1818 Kiwale, Kasangati T/C, Gayaza, Wakiso District, Uganda
Africa Development Promise (ADP) Profile
Africa Development Promise (ADP) is a US based non-profit organization that focuses its resources on improving the lives and livelihood of rural women in Rwanda and Uganda allowing them to gain economic self-sufficiency. Our primary entry point is agriculture because seventy percent of women rely on subsistence farming for their livelihood or self-employment. We promote the cooperative model of enterprise because members can pool resources (money, labor, and knowledge) to create economies of scale; thus, reducing risks to individual members, and instead placing it on the enterprise itself. Through our work, ADP is poised to touch most of the 17 SDGs but believe our potential to make the greatest impact lies within SDG 1: No Poverty and SDG 5: Gender Equality.
ADP is currently looking for a self-driven Accounts and Office Administrator (AOA) with outstanding organizational and multi-tasking skills for a range of administrative, accounts and office management duties. Working under the guidance of the Country Director, the AOA will be responsible for efficient office operations, proper accounting, and financial reporting, and developing and/or updating financial policies and procedures. Confidentiality is a core requirement for this position. This position is for 1 Year contract with three-month’ probation period. Contract renewal will be based on the availability of funds and performance of the staff after undergoing a performance appraisal.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The specific responsibilities of the AOA will include the following:
Accounting and Financial Management
- Strengthen and maintain sound accounting and financial management systems including timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, programmatic budgeting, spending projections and monitoring of payments.
- Review, update account receivables and payable weekly and issue invoices. Ensure the timely processing of funds, that proper supporting documents such as receipts are maintained.
- Reconcile bank accounts weekly using online statements, and monthly using paper statements
- Maintain, monitor, and replenish the petty cash fund in line with cash management policy.
- Manage ADP-UG mobile money account, including monitoring the balance, initiating, and verifying transactions.
- Prepare and process monthly employee payroll and submit monthly tax payments.
- Maintain employee payroll and annual leave records both electronically and hardcopy.
- Ensure that an effective filing system is in place in the office.
- Provide support to program staff by preparing budgets and financial reports in-order to maintain a high standard of reporting
- Prepare and submit monthly financial reports with explanation to variances.
- Stay abreast of rules and regulations governing international NGOs and ensure that ADP always complies.
- Working with the Country Director ensure that the ADP resources are effectively and efficiently utilized
- Perform other duties as assigned by Country Director.
- Process office related requisitions and review procurement
- Coordinate the procurement of materials, supplies and equipment for the Uganda office.
- Maintain the fixed asset register.
- Oversee office upkeep in terms of needed repairs, daily cleaning, and security.
- Monitor vehicle condition and schedule routine and necessary maintenance.
- Ensure the vehicle logbook is completed and up to date.
- Ensure ADP’s Operations Manual is up to date and staff are following administrative procedures.
- Maintain office calendar, schedule staff meetings, and coordinate miscellaneous office events.
Skills and Experience:
The AOA must possess the following abilities, aptitude, and qualifications to be eligible to perform mandated tasks:
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree business administration, accounting, finance, or other related field.
- Minimum of two years’ work experience in an accounting and bookkeeping setting.
- Good knowledge of accounting and financial principles.
- Reliable, self-driven, steadfast and a good problem solver.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- English language fluency.
- Work well independently and/or part of a team.
- Proficient with QuickBooks or similar software
- Excellent computer skills, computer software programs, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Essential character traits: Excellent leadership, highly organized with excellent planning skills, good decision maker, team player and non-judgmental.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Strong interpersonal management skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent leadership, time management and organisational skills
- Familiarity with common procedures and basic account principles used in office
How To Apply for ADP Uganda Jobs 2021
Please submit a cover letter and CV outlining your skills, qualifications, and relevant experience that makes you an ideal fit for the position. In addition, provide your education certificates, three professional references and certified copies of academic and professional certificates. Lastly, please provide your salary requirements. All applications must be sent via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Africa Development Promise is an equal opportunity employer and thus, all qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected citizen.
Deadline: 18th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.