Job Title: 18 Fresher Midwives – LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda
Job Location: Isingiro/ Lamwo/ Kyangwali, Uganda
Starting date: ASAP
Duration of Contract: 9months contract (with possibility for extension)
Reports To: Project Officer
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Limited Profile:
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centred and community-based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
LWFUganda works closely with United Nations agencies (UNHCR, IOM, UNFPA, UNICEF, WFP), PRM, EU/ECHO, BFTW, etc. LWF Related and faith-based agencies and their back donors. For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/WorldService.
Midwives deliver babies and provide antenatal and postnatal advice, care and support to women, their babies, their partners and families. Midwives need the ability to deal with emotionally charged situations as part of their everyday work.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in continuous coverage onwards/units.
- Administer treatment as prescribed.
- Carry out midwifery procedures.
- Carry out observations, keep proper records and ensure their safe custody.
- Participate in ward rounds.
- Receive and register patients/clients.
- Prepare patients for meals and participate in serving them.
- Adhere to aseptic procedures.
- Adhere to ethical professional conduct.
- Carry out health education.
- Participate in primary health care activities.
- Register and prepare birth notifications for all births, monitor and report on the general health condition of the mother and the new born.
- In liaison with the Health Project officer, plan for regular Primary Health Care activities.
- Supervise student nurses and student midwives attached to the wards/units.
Financial management / Budget Monitoring & Control:
- Promptly accounts for any financial resources availed to him/her.
Minimum Qualifications for LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
- Applicants must possess a Certificate/Diploma in Enrolled Midwifery/Nursing from a recognized Institution;
- He/she must be registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwifery Council (UNMC) and hold a valid practicing license;
- At least 2 years’ experience in similar or higher position;
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills;
- A good command of both written and spoken English;
- Patient, understanding and of a pleasant character;
- Computer literate with ability to use Microsoft Office;
- People Management skills;
- Able to capacity build and develop others;
- Ability to mobilize different audiences.
How To Apply for LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 11th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.