Job Title: 2 Fresher Diploma Anesthetic Officers – LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda
Job Location: Nakivaale/Oruchinga (Isingiro)
Starting date: ASAP
Duration of Contract: 9months contract (with possibility for extension)
Reports To: Health Facility In-charge in liaison with Project Officer
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Limited Profile:
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centred and community-based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
LWFUganda works closely with United Nations agencies (UNHCR, IOM, UNFPA, UNICEF, WFP), PRM, EU/ECHO, BFTW, etc. LWF Related and faith-based agencies and their back donors. For additional information, please see www.lutheranworld.org/WorldService.
The anaesthetic officer will be responsible for administering anaesthesia and managing patients in the theatre and post-operative patients.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Use intravenous, local, caudal or spinal methods to administer sedation or pain medications during surgical and other medical procedures
- Supervise patients and monitor their pain medications before, during and after surgery; offset adverse complications or reactions; record amount and type of anesthesia as well as the patients’ conditions throughout procedures
- Determine risk during medical procedures by taking medical histories, examining patients and ordering diagnostic procedures like laboratory tests; discuss with other healthcare professionals about the method and type of anesthetic to make patients numb to pain
- Provide and sustain airway management and life support during emergency surgery
- Provide pre- and post-surgery care and, monitor patients in the theatre and determine when they are stable enough to move to another room or go home
- Manage anesthesiologic services and coordinate with other professionals to formulate procedures and plans; direct the duties of medical technicians, nurses and other healthcare support staff
- Providing resuscitation services in case of emergency and disaster situations
- Educate patients and families on post-procedure care and possible complications; instruct on different ways to prevent disease and improve health
- Maintain anaesthetic operational equipment and ensure their functionality prior, during and after the operation.
- Requisitioning and accounting for anaesthetic materials and sundries;
- Adhering to professional and service code of conduct and ethics;
- Compile and submit periodic reports to relevant authorities
- Carries out any other duties as assigned by the Health Facility In-charge and/or Project Officer
Minimum Qualifications for LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
- The applicant must hold a Diploma in Anaesthesia from a recognized medical training institution.
- He/she must be fully registered with the Uganda Allied Health Professionals’ Council
- Minimum of two years of experience in Anesthesia practice gained in a busy health facility.
- Skilled at epidurals, spinals and ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia
- Should be self-driven, have initiative and be willing to stand for long hours and able to multi task.
- Ability to gain trust and build relationships with new communities.
- Experience in regular report writing
- Understanding of human rights and issues relating to gender equality
- Good communication skills.
How To Apply for LWF Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 11th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.