Job Title: Fresher Protection Assistant – DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Danish Refugee Council Uganda
Duty Station: Rhino Camp, Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader Protection
Danish Refugee Council Uganda Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
The purpose of this post is to provide day-to-day case management and SGBV prevention activities and other related activities in Rhino camp based in Omugo Zone under the supervision of Protection Team Leader.
The Protection Assistant – SGBV undertakes all SGBV prevention and response related activities that may include among others; training, awareness raising, forums with opinion leaders and Focus group discussions etc. He/she works and liaise closely with SGBV Officer, on documentation of program activities as per the donor requirements.
Roles and responsibilities:
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible to develop/strengthen relationships with agencies at the field level in close cooperation with the SGBV officer and the Protection Team Leader
- Responsible for representing DRC in any relevant field based thematic meetings with stakeholders and otherwise as needed
- Actively coordinate with the field staff of other DRC sectors and other organizations at zonel level
- Actively participate in the regular sector meetings and in house coordination meetings
- Maintain and strengthen existing networks through other service providers at the zonel level, to ensure that survivors receive quality services and support within the SGBV referral system.
- Work in close collaboration with the response team to ensure ongoing needs of at-risk groups, women and girls are being met in the prevention related activities like in Women and girls centers.
- Strengthen existing referral systems and networks of psycho social service providers
- In collaboration with other partners, design prevention activities/interventions within the refugee and host community.
- Participate in conducting trainings for community, partners on relevant organizational development areas and support peer learning between DRC and other partner agencies.
Project development, implementation and reporting
- Effectively implement day to day activities according to planning and technical standards
- Under the supervision of the SGBV officer, contribute to the writing of concept papers and proposal development in this thematic area
- Support the SGBV focused assessment and ongoing risk analysis in order to design adequate projects
- Contribute to the identification of any gaps with a view to generating ideas for future projects in this thematic area
- Providing technical assistance and guidance to mainstream protection GBV prevention and response to all community based structures
- Under the supervision of Protection Team Leader, ensure that all the IEC approaches and tools are developed in synergy with the other DRC’s initiatives at the program level
- Contribute to daily quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of community mobilization related projects in Rhino camp/Omugo
- Make sure that all the designed interventions adhere to protection standards and principles as well as DRC guidelines and accountability standards
- Contribute to the development of advocacy points based on assessment of situation and risks
- Facilitate formation of support groups to enhance community engagement & ownership on GBV Prevention work.
- Identify and strengthen Community structures through engaging community leaders, camp management and other stakeholders to ensure that the survivors receive adequate support at the community level.
- Any other tasks as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisors
Staff development and management
- Provide technical and programmatic leadership in this thematic area for DRC outreach workers and community based mechanisms in Rhino camp operational area
- Develop performance measurements, targets and appraise Mentors for Women and girls centers.
- Uphold DRC’s code of conduct and principles of accountability
- Proactively contribute to quality and timely drafting of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
Logistics / finance
- Plan and coordinate proactively logistics and movement from and to different villages
- Support the SGBV officer to monitor financial commitments and expenditures against budgets and provide timely feedback on budget follow-ups.
- Follow-up all DRC’s procedures for security, Finance, Logistics, HR and Administration
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Contribute to the daily quality implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects and interventions in Rhino camp/Omugo.
- Identify, document and disseminate relevant project success, challenges and follow up on implementation of project’s action points
- Assist in participatory needs/vulnerability and capacity assessments of affected communities
- Participate in project evaluations and assist in the analysis of results.
- On request, perform any other additional duties assigned by the supervisors in order to allow the organization to function optimally.
Adhere to DRC’s code of conduct
Qualifications for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience)
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience working with vulnerable communities, basic needs and protection programming experience, and/or advocacy programs.
- Professional training in Gender based violence.
- Basic counselling skills and case management
- Experience in protection interventions in line with Refugees operation with wide Knowledge in SASA methodology.
- Experience of working with UN or Non‐Governmental organizations.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken) is essential.
- Good communication skills and ability to conduct training and awareness
- Computer skills.
- Good self-organization and basic management skills.
- Familiarity with Monitoring & Evaluation for UN-funded projects desired.
- Familiarity with ProGres V4
- A University degree in social sciences, guidance and counselling or Diploma in any relevant fields.
- Knowledge of the local languages spoken by South Sudanese and Congolese refugees is an asset.
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 8th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.