Job Title: Program Officer – Riamiriam Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Riamiriam Uganda
Job Location: Uganda
Reports to: Programs Manager
Riamiriam Uganda Profile:
Riamiriam is a ngakarimojong word which means” coming together” or” let us meet”. Riamiriam civil society network- Karamoja (RCSNK) is non-governmental organization which was established in 2003. The Network is an umbrella of CSOs operating in Karamoja mandated to coordinate, facilitate, build capacity of organizations, and provide a common platform through which CSOs can advocate for better social service delivery, peace, human rights, gender equality and economic development. The head office is located in Moroto district, but its network extends to all nine (9) districts of Karamoja. The Organization is duly registered with Uganda national NGO bureau with the registration number INDR51272677NB.
Under the director’s close supervision, the program officer responds to the needs of communities through GIRL-H services. The program officer works with the GIRL-H project officer, community structures and the Mercy Corps program Manager, program officer, MEL officer and partnerships officer to ensure that eligible adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) and boys are transitioned and enrolled into GIRL-H program. S/he ensures that quality and timely safe space services and interventions are delivered to the enrolled AGYW and boys, within scope and target. S/he builds and maintains essential relationships with relevant community stakeholders, DLG and partners. S/he will ensure that girl mentors and builds their capacity to ensure quality and timely implementation of GIRL-H activities. The program officer works closely with the GIRL-H Team to ensure that GIRL-H program is implemented to the highest standards possible with strong community engagement, within the agreed project timeframe and to the approved budget.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and daily oversight for planning and implementation of GIRL-H Activities including; mentorship and support supervision to the project officer and mentors in the district of operation.
- Together with the project officer help in the development of activity plans and reporting the progress on activity implementation.
- Support the Director in advocacy and maintenance of partnership with the relevant departments of the Local Government at Sub County and District level to elevate GIRL-H objectives.
- Support the field staff in the implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the program activities, in accordance with Mercy Corp GIRL-H objectives.
- Supervise the activities and performance of the project officer to ensure that mentors and TOTs/Facilitators; attend routine team meetings, adhere to performance reviews timelines.
- Identify and document best practices and failures in GIRL-H program and provide timely feedback to the Programs Manager.
- Ensure timely and consistent submission of project reports, success stories and other relevant data by the MEL assistant and the Project officer (weekly, monthly and quarterly reports)
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Oversee the governance structures filling system in the GIRL-H program implementation districts and ensure that information is organized according to the reporting and auditing needs of the program.
- Responsible for data collection including gender and age disaggregated data, data validation, assuring quality control measures, timely data submission in coordination with MEL Assistant /team
- Through the field staff, support and mentor community partners and structures on data collection and use.
- Supervise the GIRL-H Mentors in data collection and entry to regularly update the Activity Tracker
Influence and Representation
- Support and coordinate field learning visits from district and sub-county government, partners and external visitors, such as donors and media, in collaboration with GIRL-H Program Manager
- Support the Program Manager in coordination and communication of field activities with other NGOs and local government partners to avoid duplication of services and support an enabling environment for GIRL-H program interventions.
- Establish and maintain a productive working relationship with the local Government and Sub Counties, working in unison to develop complementary joint monitoring, evaluation and adaptive management structures where possible.
- The ideal applicant must hold a University degree in Social Work and social administration, development studies, human rights, related field from a recognized university or institution.
- Additional relevant qualifications in the area of communication, Gender studies, human rights, lobby and advocacy are an added advantage.
- At least a substantive experience of three years preferably with NGO or humanitarian organizations
- Good facilitation skills
- Broad understanding of research and advocacy work in an NGO or any other donor-funded organization.
- Computer knowledge is a must
- Knowledge in research methodologies
- Mature with sound judgment
- Experience of working in Karamoja
- Valid riding permit
- Ability to work in a multinational, multicultural team and to develop good working relationships even under the pressure of meeting deadlines.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Good organizational, problem-solving and analytical and decision-making skills
- An outgoing personality, self-confidence and enthusiasm are key personality traits for the job
- Immediate availability is a must
- Ability to work long hours with minimum supervision
How To Apply for Riamiriam Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified persons are encouraged to apply and submit detailed curriculum vitae and copies of academic/professional certificates, a motivation letter stating your salary expectation and contacts of 3 professional referees to: E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position, you are applying for as a subject. Or Hand deliver your application and addressed it to the Executive Director Riamiriam Civil Society Network Circular road, plot no.10 P.O Box 100 Moroto, Uganda
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
Riamiriam is an equal opportunity employer; qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
NB: Only Selected Candidates That Meet The Requirements Will Be Notified.
Deadline: 8th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.