Job Title: Associate Protection Officer – UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UNHCR Uganda
Job Location: Yumbe, Adjumani, Kyaka and Kyangwali, Uganda
UNHCR Uganda Profile:
The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) is a UN agency mandated to aid and protect refugees, forcibly displaced communities, and stateless people, and to assist in their voluntary repatriation, local integration or resettlement to a third country.
The incumbent will be required to conduct 10 interviews per week. This number can be reduced to 8 in locations where interviews of refugees are not done in the UNHCR Office and require time spent in transport.
The incumbent will be also provided with an excel list of refugees to interview that he will have to report on. The incumbent will have to update his interviews in refugee database proGres V4, Module Legal and Protection Needs to ease the reporting.
The successful candidates will be based with the team in either Yumbe Sub-office, Adjumani Sub-office, Kyaka Field Office or Kyangwali Sub-office, UNHCR Uganda.
The category of this position is not open to Ugandan nationals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conduct protection interviews and drafting protection referral forms.
- Review all the cases identified and cross-check the provided information with the existing information included in the physical files at UNHCR and partner’s, in the Refugee database proGres V3 and/or V4.
- Coach/train staff on conducting protection assessments in order to ensure consistent case identification processes.
- Review protection referral forms to ensure high quality outputs are identified in line with the resettlement framework.
- Referring to relevant UNHCR units for follow ups as necessary (Child Protection, Registration etc) • Ensuring compliance with fraud mitigation and the Protection SOPs.
- Coordinating regular protection panels and present the cases to the panel for consideration.
- Coordinate all protection referrals in particular location and ensure that pre-agreed quota of protection referrals are met
Minimum Qualifications for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
- University degree in Law, International Law, Political Sciences or other relevant field is required.
- Minimum 3 years relevant experience with Undergraduate degree; or 2 years relevant experience with Graduate degree; or 1 year relevant experience with Doctorate in the related fields is required.
- The candidate should have excellent interview and counselling skills, in addition to strong drafting and analytics skills.
- The candidate should have proven experience conducting assessments and identifying protection risks of individuals and groups.
- The candidate will need to have demonstrated experience dealing with integrity issues both for individual cases and in the referral process at a large.
- The candidate will need a good experience working with V3 and V4 proGres refugee database, and different modules in proGres V4 and the recording of PSNs.
- The candidate will need to be able to work under pressure and have a high level of accountability.
- Knowledge of resettlement criteria and/or experience in case identification would be strongly desirable.
- Experience working with Congolese and South Sudanese refugees will be an asset.
How To Apply for UNHCR Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 10th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.