Job Title: Fresher Gender and Protection Officer – Andre Foods International Jobs 2021
Organization: Andre Foods International
Duty Station: Moroto/Kotido
Reports to: Programme Officer
Andre Foods International Profile:
Andre Foods International (AFI) is a registered National Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) in Uganda with a broad-based approach to different scientific and humanitarian challenges. Starting out as Andre Food Consult (AFC) in 2009, Andre Foods International (AFI) became fully fledged in 2014 with a goal to provide multi-dimensional solutions; particularly food processing, food security, nutrition, health, WASH, agriculture, environmental protection and research.
Our story in Uganda started as a response to malnutrition affecting vulnerable communities in Uganda. Andrew Kiri and Patrick Ogwok the founders of AFI wrote concept papers with special focus on Karamoja. Our first field offices were opened in Moroto and Nakapiripirit districts under the organisation name Andre Food Consult. In years that followed we grew and expanded outside Karamoja region and subsequently transitioned from Andre Food Consult (AFC) to Andre Foods International (AFI) with a broad goal of tackling multi-dimensional humanitarian needs across Uganda.
With support from our longtime partner United Nations World Food Programme we implement cross cutting projects including the nutrition programme in Karamoja and most recently the emergency response to refugee food security through General Food/Cash Assistance in Arua and Kiryandongo settlements.
The incumbents will be responsible for ensuring that all AFI projects/programmes are gender transformative.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and ensure implementation of minimum standards on gender mainstreaming and protection in AFIs programmes
- Support AFI and partners in implementing gender components of projects/programmes
- Lead and conduct gender analyses, technical studies, and assessments on gender and protection
- Ensure that programme activities are carried out with cultural sensitivity while promoting gender equality and inclusion of marginalized groups
- Works with field teams to ensure access and participation of women, men, girls and boys in AFI’s nutrition response and resilience-building work.
- Leads in integrating gender into MEAL processes; setting specific indicators for process monitoring and advising team in obtaining gender-specific information
- Supports local stakeholders in organizing and carrying out advocacy and campaign for greater gender equality and equity in programmes.
- Contribute and share knowledge, information, best practices and lessons learnt on gender in nutrition to ensure high-quality programming throughout AFI programmes/projects.
- Proactively ensure Protection and Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) measures and reporting mechanism are in place and raise awareness among teams, project stakeholders and community.
- Proactively represent AFI and participate in gender and protection working groups.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Gender studies, Law, Political Sciences, Social Sciences or related area of expertise
- At least three years demonstrated experience in the design and implementation of gender preferably in food security, nutrition, livelihoods or related programmes
- Experience in developing and delivering gender training, facilitation of learning process, networking and knowledge management
- Fluency in written and spoken English a must. Working knowledge of Nga’rimojong and other languages spoken in the Karamoja region will be an added advantage
How To Apply for Andre Foods International Jobs 2021
Please, hand-deliver your cover letter, academic documents and your detailed CV indicating daytime telephone numbers, address and names of three (3) referees with their addresses to Andre Foods International, Moroto or email email@example.com. Applications received after the deadline will NOT be considered.
Closing Date: 15th June 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.