Job Title: Production Technician – Jolems Investment Limited Jobs 2021
Organization: Jolems Investment Limited
Duty Station: Wakiso
Jolems Investment Limited Profile:
We are a manufacturing company based in Uganda East Africa. Among the products we currently have on Market include Biscuits, Cookies, and plastic toothbrush for both adult and children. We plan to increase other products on the market as we continue to grow.
The Production Technician is responsible for supervising highly diversified duties of installation, troubleshooting, repairs and maintenance and monitoring facility equipment use in accordance to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform highly diversified duties of installation and maintenance of production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Plan and implement preventive, autonomous, breakdown maintenance and enhance Health and Safety standards.
- Fit the extruder Moulds, ensuring that they will produce product that meets the required specifications according to quality standards
- Perform all machine work including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Properly set the cutting parameters that will ensure proper product dimension at all times
- Diagnoses problems, replaces or repairs parts, tests and makes adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Operates a variety of hand and power tools and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detects faulty operations, defective material and reports those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Identify what parts, equipment and services are needed to perform necessary maintenance and repair work.
- Prepare monthly performance reports and provide operational support to the Machine Operators
- Complies with safety regulations and maintains clean and orderly work areas.
- Performs any other task as per management request.
- Ensure safety requirements for self and those working around the machine are rigorously met. This is aimed at achieving zero harm/injury.
- Operate any of the line process machines as per the manufacturer’s stated (standard) operating procedures with the rated Machine Speeds to produce products that meet stated requirements as per the Quality and Food safety standards.
- Carry out basic quality checks through product testing, rectify anomalies and take corrective action. This is aimed at achieving a quality index of 100%.
- Carry out scheduled autonomous, preventive and corrective maintenance tasks to ensure targeted plant reliability of about 95%.
- Ensure process and component wastes are below target.
- To consistently update process records as required by the Quality systems.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering OR relevant discipline.
- He/she should have exceptional knowledge in Injection Moulds, Rotaries, Packaging, vacuum forming and Tufting machines.
- He/she should have an ability to multi-task, flexible, results focused, creative, innovative, analytical, pays attention to details.
- He/she should be self-motivated and able to work under minimum supervision, professional and an asset to the company.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role in a busy manufacturing environment.
How To Apply for Jolems Investment Limited Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.