Job Title: Logistics Assistant – ACTED Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: ACTED Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Direct hierarchy: Logistics Officer
ACTED Uganda Profile
ACTED is an independent international, private, non-partisan and non-profit organization that operates according to principles of strict neutrality, political and religious impartiality, and non-discrimination.
ACTED was created in 1993 to support populations affected by the conflict in Afghanistan. Based in Paris, France, ACTED now operates in 38 countries worldwide. ACTED sectors of intervention include emergency relief, food security, health promotion, economic development, education & training, microfinance, local governance & institutional support, and cultural promotion. For more information, please visit our website at www.acted.org
ACTED Uganda is looking for a self-driven and self-oriented person to fill the position of Logistics Assistant based in Kampala-Uganda.
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Logistics Officer, the Logistics Assistant ensures that s/he performs transparent and efficient logistics activities for ACTED programmes in Uganda. S/he will support all aspects related to procurement, stock inventory, communications, fleet management and asset management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- In accordance to ACTED’s procurement procedures, contribute on the procurement process of all items or services purchased in Uganda mission, up to the level agreed with the Logistics Officer. S/he will be responsible of collecting quotations from suppliers and, if needed, drafting waivers, preparing call for tender documents, follow-up the selection and contract signature.
- Ensure the timely implementation of the procurement under his/her responsibility in full compliance with ACTED logistics procedures, in particular to procurement scenarios and level of authorizations.
- Apply the value for money principle throughout the procurement processes by implementing sound suppliers/service providers/contractors offers comparisons, physical quality check, search of best prices, etc.
- Contribute to ensure constant availability of running supplies/services/works such as fuel, stationery, transport means, etc.
- Support running cost procurement campaigns by providing offer pre-analysis, drafting documentation such as procurement memos or contracts if needed.
- Support the efficient and exhaustive circulation, filing and archiving of procurement documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (tender documents, contracts, quotations, etc.).
- Contribute to the up-to-date order form follow-up and to disseminate the tool to all operational managers.
- Support the quantity and quality check at every step of the supply chain. **
2. Stock management
- Contribute to prepare and maintain up-to-date the monthly stock report for Kampala’s warehouse, under the supervision of the Logistics Officer.
- Ensure that ACTED stocks and delivery guidelines are applied in the mission at all times.
- Ensure periodic physical inventories and clear stock discrepancies in a documented manner.
- Follow-up deliveries under his/her responsibility based on the contractual terms. Liaise efficiently with suppliers for timely deliveries or efficient solving of any unexpected issue.
- Contribute to guarantee an efficient delivery planning to the project team and a regular update on stock level and lead-times to Project Manager.
- Ensure the proper state of the warehouse by following ACTED’s policies and guarantee its maintenance.
- Support the efficient and exhaustive circulation, filing and archiving of procurement documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (stock reception vouchers, stock cards, stock exit forms, etc.).
3. Fleet and fuel management
- Support efficient monthly, weekly and daily planning and movements follow-up tools.
- Contribute to ensure that ACTED fleet and fuel management guidelines are applied in the mission at all times: logbooks, registration and maintenance sheets, fuel slips, fuel bills, standard consumption rates, etc.
- Contribute to ensure that security and safety guidelines are applied in every vehicle in use, and for any movement.
- Support the monthly physical inventory of fleet and update related tools accordingly.
- Support the implementation of user-friendly tools for movements and maintenance planning.
- Support fleet reviews and fleet prospects under the Logistics Officer supervision (market surveys, fleet analysis, etc.).
- Contribute to prepare and maintain up-to-date the monthly motorized asset, under the supervision of the Logistics Officer.
- Contribute to manage fuel supply in the mission in compliance with ACTED procurement guidelines: anticipate and mitigate fuel supply risks, if any.
- Support the efficient and exhaustive circulation, filing and archiving of fleet and fuel documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (logbooks, maintenance sheets, administrative authorizations, insurance cards, fuel slips and bills, etc.).
4. Asset management
- Contribute to ensure that ACTED asset management guidelines are applied in the mission: registration cards, monthly asset follow-up, etc.
- Contribute to maintain an up-to-date monthly asset report and follow-up with clear location and user for each asset.
- Follow-up and report of loss and/or damage assets.
- Contribute to ensure periodic physical inventories and follow-up and report any loss/damaged asset.
- Support the Logistics Officer with the transfer or donation of assets before project ending dates, as well as the projects final asset reports as per donor’s guidelines.
- Support the efficient and exhaustive circulation, filing and archiving of asset documentation as detailed in ACTED logistics manual (registration cards, asset reception sheets, etc.).
5. Premises management
- Support the identification and contracting of premises (offices, guesthouses and/or warehouses) based on geographical, operational, security and financial criteria, in close liaison with the Logistics Officer.
- Contribute to upgrade each premises up to ACTED standards.
- Contribute to ensure proper working and living conditions for all staff by providing appropriate power supply, drinking water, stationery, etc.
- Support preventive and corrective maintenance or works of premises.
- Contribute to ensure that security and safety guidelines are applied in premises.
- Support the efficient and exhaustive circulation, filing and archiving of premises documentation (lease agreements, security assessments, etc.).
6. Communications and IT management
- Contribute to ensure that ACTED communication and IT management guidelines are applied in the mission, under the supervision of the Logistics Officer and IT Officer.
- Contribute to guarantee effective IT procedures based on IT officer’s follow-up.
7. Reporting and digitalization
- Ensure the digitalization of all monthly logistics documentation and guarantee to update the Logistics server.
- Contribute to ensure timely and accurate monthly logistics TITANIC, under the supervision of the Logistics Officer.
- Support an efficient logistics document flow to the Finance and Compliance departments as per ACTED global audit manual.
8. Protection mainstreaming
- Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labours etc).
- Bachelor degree in purchasing Supply Management or Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS, UK) or higher national diploma in store, logistics management or equivalent.
- At least 3 years’ relevant experience in procurement and logistics management in INGOs.
- Excellent communication, organization and presentation skills.
- Computer literate and with excellent IT Knowledge.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective work relations at all levels,
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience an asset
- Fluent in oral and written English
How To Apply for ACTED Uganda Jobs 2021
Qualified Uganda Nationals with the required skills are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and cover letter as a single document i.e. with the cover letter being on the first page and the CV starting on the second page, detailing three work related referees and contacts to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as;
APPLICATION FOR LOGISTICS ASSISTANT – UGANDA. Note that Applications sent without this exact subject line will not be shortlisted.
Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisting will be done on a rolling basis and ACTED reserves the right to hire before the deadline.
- ACTED will at no stage of the recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent(s) in connection with recruitment.
Deadline: 18th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.