Job Title: Fresher Medical Officer – IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Duty Station: Busia, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) Profile
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) is a non-profit research organization. IDRC conducts research in infectious diseases including Malaria, HIV and Tuberculosis. Our studies have led to over 300 publications and have impacted on the management of infectious diseases in Uganda. IDRC currently manages over 41 Grants with an annual budget of $11 million. IDRC was established in May 2008 by Ugandan health scientists from Makerere University College of Health Sciences, University of California, San Francisco and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of Medical Officer for the DPSP study to be based at Masafu site, Busia District. The Successful candidate will be reporting to the Project Manager.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Management of the daily operation of the study clinics including conducting recruitment and follow up of study participants
• Supervising clinicians and home visitors
• Conduct patient evaluations including screening interviews, initial and follow up visits
• Provision of antenatal care services including assessing mothers in labour and conducting cesarean deliveries where necessary, to enrolled study participants
• Ensure accurate and proper completion on enrollment activities, including informed consenting procedures
• Facilitating and monitoring of scheduling follow up, including auditing of case report forms
• Ensuring proper daily clinic operations including specimens correctly collected and follow up on laboratory results and transfer to study forms
• Review and correct study forms for accuracy and completion daily
• Communication with Masafu Hospital staff regarding clinic referrals or hospitalization of study patients if needed
• Take lead in AE reporting activities
• Communicate regularly with project leaders about study progress and issues through regular conference calls (must be comfortable using email regularly)
• Conducting and attend regular study clinical staff meetings
• Maintaining good communication between the study team and Masafu Hospital administration
1. Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and surgery (MBChB) from a recognized University.
2. Full registration and annual practicing license with the Uganda medical and dental
practitioner’s council is a must
3. Prior experience working in a clinical trial and or experience working in malaria research should be an added advantage
4. Evidence of training in Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and Human Subject Protection (HSP).
5. Fluency in languages spoken in the study area e.g Samia, Luganda, Kiswahili will be an
6. Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
7. Candidate must have great attention to detail, high levels of confidentiality and integrity
How To Apply for IDRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
1. All applications must be submitted through the IDRC website on or before 5:00 pm, on 14th June 2021.
2. Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
3. Applications cannot be amended following submission.
4. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FURTHER.
Deadline: 14th June 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.