Job Title: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Assistant – DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Danish Refugee Council Uganda
Duty Station: Rhino Camp, Uganda
Reports to: ECHO Consortium Coordinator
Danish Refugee Council Uganda Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Assistant will provide technical support to ECHO consortium project at settlement level by leading field level MEAL related activities, including assisting project teams in defining indicators, developing data collection tools and data collection methodologies. The Assistant will collaborate closely with the MEAL Officer and program team to ensure compliance with DRC’s MEAL requirements and best practices.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensure full compliance with DRC’s Minimum Monitoring Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Standards in the project implementation in Rhino and Imvepi refugee settlements.
- Support the development of MEAL components of the ECHO Consortium project in West Nile that include, but are not limited to tools, processes, and plans for effective programme adaptation.
- Support project beneficiary targeting by contributing to tools refinement, training of targeting team, quality assurance of targeting exercise and data processing.
- In consultation with MEAL Officer, plan and lead assessments such as disbursement and Post Disbursement Monitoring (PDM).
- Act as field focal point for consortium project level MEAL activities such as baseline, midterm and end line or other assessments.
- Contribute to the establishment of, and update and regularly share trackers for effective project implementation monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning.
- Under the guidance of the MEAL Officer, conduct internal project audits with an eye to ensuring means of verification are documented and reflect data reported by the implementing teams.
- In collaboration with the MEAL Officer, Project Officer, and Team Leader, facilitate field-level learning events to capture, document and disseminate lessons learned for internal and external purposes.
- Assume responsibility for effective implementation of the project Feedback, Complaints and Response Mechanism (FCRM) as a means to account to affected population and stakeholders.
- Identify and conduct MEAL-related capacity building needs and opportunities for and DRC’s program staff in West Nile II field office and assume responsibility for facilitating trainings on beneficiary feedback and response mechanisms. Provide support in preparing and reviewing reports and verifying consistency between collected data, means of verification and donor reports.
- Write and contribute to quality activity reports for the project in West Nile; programme and MEAL.
- Participate in relevant settlement Technical Working Groups for purposes of representation and project learning.
Qualifications for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
Experience and technical competencies:
- A minimum of 3 years of MEAL experience within the humanitarian or NGO field.
- Demonstrated experience translating log frames and results frameworks into monitoring plans, developing data collection tools and protocols, leading data collection and management process, designing and managing databases, and analyzing data.
- Proven technical skills in monitoring and evaluation and experience with both qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.
- Very good analytical, presentation, and report writing skills.
- Advanced excel skill and experience using software applications such as Access, or statistics software such as SPSS, STATA.
- Previous experience with electronic or mobile data collection.
- Hands on experience with Cash based Project Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning.
- Experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental Organizations.
- Experience in training and capacity-building of staff.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Knowledge of refugee crisis.
- University degree in statistics, economics, Public Health, social sciences, IT or related discipline
- English (fluent)
- Swahili (fluent)
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit updated CV and cover letter explaining their motivation and why they are suited for the post.
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 23rd June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.