Job Title: Fresher Baseline Study Field Enumerators – Aga Khan Foundation Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Aga Khan Foundation (AKF)
Duty Station: Uganda
The Adolescent Girls’ Education in Crisis Initiative (AGENCI) is a four-year (2019-2023), project to enhance the empowerment of adolescent girls and female youth pursuing educational pathways in crisis-affected areas of South Sudan, Syria, and Uganda. It targets over 148,000 adolescent girls and female youth aged 10-24. It is a joint initiative of World University Service of Canada (WUSC) and Aga Khan Foundation Canada (AKFC), with financial support from Global Affairs Canada (GAC).
AGENCI is designed to address gender, social, cultural and economic barriers it’s targeted beneficiaries face in accessing education, and making life decisions. Rapid gender analyses were conducted in the three countries of study in 2020 to develop the AGENCI Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Strategy and Project Implementation Plan. The project seeks to improve equitable learning outcomes for adolescent girls and female youth in formal and non-formal upper primary school, secondary school, and in skills training programs.
In Uganda, AGENCI implemented jointly by AKF Uganda and WUSC Uganda in 105 schools in Moyo and Obongi districts
AGENCI will be conducting a baseline study to help key project stakeholders focus on achievement related to a set of expected outcomes; and to empower them to collaboratively measure progress towards them, as well as review them as needed and appropriate.
AGENCI project is seeking the services of competent and qualified research assistants to support the data collection for the baseline study in Moyo and Obongi Districts
The field enumerators will be primarily responsible for collecting field data. They have will have direct contact with respondents and a great bearing on the quality of data collected and ultimately on the quality of data output. The duties and responsibilities of the field enumerator are as follows:
- Attend enumerators’ training workshop
- Receive enumeration materials and equipment from the principal investigator/AKF
- Develop an enumeration schedule/itinerary
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Locate (or select) sample members
- Conduct interviews/ administer questionnaires with respondents
- Record responses as instructed
- Capture data using digital data entry technology provided.
- Comply with the requirements necessary for conducting a successful interview
- Ensure anonymity of respondents and develop relationship of trust and safe space during data collection exercise with respondents.
- Identify and report any challenges faced that could affect the quality of the data.
- Safe guard and deliver data to supervisors on daily basis
- Committed to acting ethically and upholding safeguarding standards towards all staff, volunteers, and beneficiaries of the organization.
- Ensure that enumerator checking is complete
- Ensure that all questionnaires and equipment are accounted for
- Turn over all literature and materials used in the survey to the principal investigator
- Ensure that enumerator checklist is complete
- A bachelor degree in Education, Development Studies, Social Work and Social Administration or related field
- Previous experience working with the community.
- Ability to work independently and confidence to undergo household visits
- Computer literacy to be able to work on smart phone based data collection applications.
- Demonstrated experience in household surveys (baseline/evaluations).
- Good communication skills and experience in participatory methodology.
- Innovative, motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Willing to accomplish each day’s work with the supervisor by the end of each day.
- Knowledge of one of the following languages is a must; Juba Arabic, Kuku, Bari or Madi language
- Evidence of understanding of and commitment to child protection and safeguarding as well as other vulnerable population
- Female Candidates are encouraged to apply
How To Apply for Aga Khan Foundation Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 21st June 2021 at 4:30 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.