Job Title: A’Level Janitor – CWS Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Church World Service (CWS)
Grade: 1 (N)
Church World Service (CWS) Profile:
Church World Service was founded in 1946 and is a cooperative ministry of 37 Christian denominations and communions, providing sustainable self-help, development, disaster relief, and refugee assistance around the world.
This position is primarily responsible for office maintenance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Thoroughly cleans the RSC offices, bathrooms, kitchens and walkways as assigned.
- Observes the office environment, ensures that the fire exits are always kept clear and promptly reports any potentially hazardous situations such as slippery floors, loose electric wires or sockets.
- Ensures that all the office windows and various interior and exterior doors and grills are closed and securely locked at the end of every business day. (Note: the final responsibility for office locking rests with the management staff locking up on any particular day).
- Ensures that all photocopiers and printers have been checked for documents and switched off at the end of every business day. Any document found should be turned over to the management staff locking up on any particular day.
- Ensures that non-essential equipment is switched off and only the minimum equipment required is switched on.
- Reports any equipment that sounds or appears broken or in need of repair, including door and window locks that need lubrication, tightening or replacement, leaky water taps etc.
- Undertakes odd jobs such as minor repairs and window cleaning in coordination with the Senior Janitor.
- Monitors stock levels of supplies needed for cleaning and maintenance and submits timely requisitions for additional supplies.
- Ensures that all the bathrooms are well stocked with soap, hand towels, tissues papers, air fresheners, etc at all times.
- Assists in general office duties as assigned e.g. photocopying, shredding, packing and moving of files.
- Ensures that the indoor plants are watered and cleaned.
- Does routine daily purchases e.g. daily papers, milk and prepares tea/coffee for RSC visitors.
- Performs any other duties which are developed and assigned in order to improve the operations of RSC Africa.
Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification is required.
- General office work experience preferred.
The Janitor must have the ability to:
- demonstrate work initiative by identifying work that needs to be completed;
- communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- follow instructions from the Supervisor with a positive and receptive attitude;
- deal effectively and courteously with a large number of associates, outside agencies, applicants and members of the general public;
- conduct oneself in a professional and courteous manner to represent the best interests of RSC Africa and CWS/IRP;
- maintain a high performance standard with attention to detail;
- carry out all of the duties of the position efficiently and effectively with minimal supervision;
- take initiative;
- maintain strict confidentiality with RSC Africa administrative and operational information;
- manage a large and diverse workload under pressure with competing priorities;
- work well as a team in a multi-cultural environment while maintaining a high level of motivation;
- effectively manage RSC Africa’s resources;
- actively participate in the implementation of the U.S. Government Operational Refugee
How To Apply for CWS Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit your application, detailed CV online via the link below:
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.