Job Title: Procurement Assistant – CWS Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Church World Service (CWS)
Reports to: The Administration Supervisor
Church World Service (CWS) Profile:
Church World Service was founded in 1946 and is a cooperative ministry of 37 Christian denominations and communions, providing sustainable self-help, development, disaster relief, and refugee assistance around the world.
This position is primarily responsible for assisting the General Services (GS) department in purchasing and procurement functions of supplies, equipment and services. The incumbent will also be responsible for maintaining purchasing records and facilitating accurate documentation to Finance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assists in procurement of goods and services in a cost-effective, timely and transparent manner in line with CWS Polices, Co-operative Agreement and 2CFR 200.
- Assists in conducting market research to capture the current costs and quality trends of items in the market, evaluates offers from vendors and negotiates better prices on behalf of CWS Africa.
- Ensures all approved quotations are captured in SAGE and approved LPOs sent to the vendors.
- Receives and reviews invoices and ensures complete documentation (GRN, Invoice, Delivery Note, LPO) before submission to finance for payment.
- Manages flow of complete procurement documents between departments within the Kampala office.
- Participates in budget preparation by researching cost estimates of proposed items.
- Analyses incoming bids by coming up with a comprehensive analysis on the requirements of the bid for review by the committee meetings.
- Prepares the Request for proposal (RFP) reports for tender committee review.
- Coordinates and facilitates the vendor pre-qualification process.
- Tracking of vendor invoices on the procurement excel spread sheet
- Completes vendor forms and updates the scans and the vendor list on the fileserver.
- Ensures reconciliations for vendors by comparing invoices and payments.
- Participates in developing, facilitating, implementing, monitoring and reviewing procurement plans.
- Responsible for managing all updated procurement contracts, coordinate and monitor the supply chain function to ensure compliance with procurement policies and practices and donor requirements.
- Liaises with vendors to create realistic delivery schedules and compare actual deliveries in order to evaluate vendor performance and responsiveness.
- Ensures procurement records are accurate, up to date and in compliance with procurement policies and practices policies and donor requirements.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with all members of staff, and contactors both within and outside CWS RSC Africa.
- Performs any other duties as assigned to improve the operations of CWS Uganda office.
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Public Administration, Procurement or other related field required.
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies Management is preferred.
- Three (3) years of procurement or related work experience with increasing responsibilities is
- Demonstrated excellent computer skills for Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook
- Working knowledge of SAGE and 2 CFR 200 will be an added advantage
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Committed to and conform with the organization’s mission.
How To Apply for CWS Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit your application, detailed CV online via the link below:
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.