Job Title: Internships – Population Media Center Uganda Jobs
Organization: Population Media Center
Job Location: Kampala
Population Media Center Profile:
PMC melds entertainment industry insight and behavior theory to create entertainment that is uniquely suited to work on deeply embedded, personal issues. New social norms and new individual behaviors, which may manifest as demand generation, create a feedback loop to drive sustained and dramatic change. PMC has completed broadcast of more than 40 shows in more than 20 unique languages, helping more than 500 million people live healthier lives in more than 50 countries.
Population Media Center is currently accepting applications for remote internships for the Summer and Fall 2021. Please contact us if you are a student interested in an internship. Please reference the internship position for which you are applying in your application, the approximate number of hours per week you are hoping to work, and your preferred start and stop dates. Population Media Center encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Multi-lingual applicants, especially those with French language proficiency, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Types of Internships:
PMC internships generally fall into one of five departments depending on availability. The below summaries are a general description of types of work and are not a guarantee of an available internship in that department at any given time.
Development & Donor Relations
• Researching potential funders.
• Research supporting documentation to support blog topics on population dynamics, environment, and women’s rights.
• Support production of and research for other communications content such as the donor newsletter, The Script.
• Support digital events and other external relations activities produced as needed, including break out rooms moderation, Q&A, or other roles before or day of event.
• Basic proficiency needed in google search, google docs, MS suite, Outlook, and Zoom Chat.
Marketing & Communications
• Researching, writing, and editing about the issues PMC works on, places PMC works, PMC’s theory of change, and PMC’s projects.
• This work is for print and digital channels, such as PMC’s blog, website, annual report, newsletters, social media, monthly digital subscriptions, etc.
• Beginning summer 2021, PMC’s marketing team will be working to build out a new website. Internships may have many roles to support this undertaking.
• Photo editing and selection for use in publications and our website.
• Researching, writing, and distribution for PR efforts.
• Building out photo libraries, communications tools, and other structures for efficient internal operations.
• Reviewing marketing metrics to understand impact of marketing efforts.
Program & Partnership Development (PPD)
• Assist in the development of program proposals.
• Work with PPD staff to draft new proposal documents.
• Conduct literature reviews and internet research:
• Research and prepare summaries of health and social programs being conducted in countries of interest to PMC.
• Research and prepare summaries of country policies and current situations regarding reproductive health, gender equity, HIV prevention, and other areas of concern.
• Read relevant reports/articles and attend relevant webinars; prepare brief reports on the content to share with PPD staff.
• Create 1-pagers presenting PMC’s reasons for choosing each of 35 Focus Countries.
• Occasional French-English translation (if applicable).
• Can be based in either South Burlington, VT or Montreal, QC, Canada.
Program Administration & Research
As a program intern, you provide administrative support to the Program and Research departments, while getting an overview of how PMC programs are implemented. The most common duties and tasks include:
• Creating and updating binders with information and essential documents for projects in the field
• Pulling information from internal and external sources for reports
• Transferring information from key documents to tracking documents such as reporting deadlines, project deliverables, and PR parameters, and broadcast information
• Capturing audience quotes from research activities
• Logging in PR articles about PMC and projects in the field
• Researching issues
• Proficiency in the use of qualitative data analysis software helpful.
U.S. Content Division
• Be involved in the research and tracking of social issues and current affairs that fit PMC’s vision and values, and that may lead to US Content project development.
• Be involved in the development of potential and existing US projects – read scripts, books, plays and new drafts of existing projects, and partake in discussions, write coverage or compile notes as needed.
• Review industry trades and other sources to log updates on series’ greenlights, deals, executive promotions/moves, competitors and more.
• Do project-specific research, as well as sourcing community partners and non-profit providers.
• Help to file all incoming submissions and project development files (via intranet) as well as using internet file services like Airtable and/or Google Drive.
• Keep on top of industry conferences, panels, etc. to further opportunities for events, which the Head of US Content might attend or speak at.
• Help West Coast office run smoothly and aid in general office upkeep.
• Attend as many staff or project meetings as are appropriate
Specific projects to be completed as part of the internship will be determined in conjunction with the chosen intern. Even though an internship will focus on a certain area, the intern may be asked to contribute outside of this area, depending on needs during the internship.
Terms of the Internship:
• All internships are currently remote because of the Covid-19 pandemic. During non-pandemic times, internship location or remote nature depends upon the department and supervisor. Time zones vary.
• All internships are unpaid, unless otherwise noted.
• PMC asks that an intern contribute at least 10 hours a week to PMC for the duration of the internship. Some departments or projects may need a higher weekly commitment.
• A staff member will serve as coordinator for each intern selected for this program. This staff member will be the intern’s point person and mentor to ensure that the goals and objectives of the internship are met.
• PMC can work with student interns to help them secure academic credit for the internship, depending on the interns’ academic requirements.
• Enthusiasm about PMC’s mission and programs and a desire to learn
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Commitment to the work of the organization
• Ability to juggle multiple projects
• Attention to detail and deadlines
• Basic proficiency in computer typing, Excel, Word, databases, and use of the internet
• Ability to work with a variety of people of different cultures and who work in different fields through email and in-person
• Ability to work independently as well as be a team player
How To Apply for Population Media Center Uganda Jobs 2021
Applicants must submit the following:
• Cover letter
• Current resume
• (Optional) One letter of reference
Please email all items to email@example.com
Deadline: 23rd June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.