Job Title: Health and Safety Coordinator – Riham Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Hariss International Limited
Job Location: Kampala
Hariss International Limited Profile:
Hariss International Limited is one of Uganda’s leading manufacturers of food and beverages. Since its inception in 2005, the production of both food and beverages have been operating under the brand name RIHAM.
RIHAM has grown into a well-known household brand over the years and has greatly captured the support of the mass market. The brand currently operates a broad product portfolio comprising of Carbonated Soft Drinks, Natural Mineral Water, Juices, Malt & Energy Drinks, Premium & other biscuits.
Hariss International Limited was founded in Uganda and was built on principles and foundations laid by its founders Mr. Yasser. K. Ahmad, Mr. Chadi. K. Ahmad, and Mr. Izzat. K. Ahmad. Today, the company stands with the philosophy of the same entrepreneurial spirit and determination.
Safety Coordinators are responsible for planning, implementing and overseeing company’s employee safety at work. Their main duty is to ensure that the company is in complience and adheres to Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) guidelines to to reduce work-related injuries.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Ensures that OHS management system is established, implemented, and maintained in accordance with OHS specifications.
Propose OHS policies and promote OHS awareness.
• Conduct safety induction programs for subcontractors and in-house teams
• Orientation all new employees on safe working methods and OHS procedures related to their work.
• Identify sectional OHS training needs and ensures the appropriate development and implementation of appropriate trainings to meet these needs.
• Abide by the OHS policies.
• Monitor the flow of work to see if the team is abiding by the safe working methods (use of PPE, following procedure).
• Suggest corrective and preventive actions in case of incident and shares it with the committee (CH, HR, Quality, Group HR). Makes sure that the decisions taken by the OHS committee are implemented.
• Report and investigates incidents, injuries and hazards and implements agreed control measures.
• Encourages the prompt reporting of hazards & risks.
• Keeps up to date with developments in the OHS field including legislation, regulations, guidelines & best practices.
• Strictly adhere to the established control measures.
• Strictly adhere to the established safe working method.
• Conduct JRA (job risk assessment) onsite and at the office.
• Review the filled JRA.
- Review the JRA activities and updates it if applicable.
- Review the inspections onsite.
- Inspects the offices for any hazard and risk.
- Grant work permit (PTW) to subcontractors & in-house team to accomplish their activities onsite.
- Get the SDS (safety data sheet) of the chemical products and makes sure related safe working methods are taken.
- Conducts mock drills and documents the results.
- Sets OHS objectives and Monitors its achievement.
- Conduct safety audits, safety site inspection and investigation, compliance, and maintenance of relevant standards.
- Issue PPE (personal protective equipment) to employees, train them on how use maintain, handle, discard worn out and replace worn out PPE.
- Performs any other task as per management request.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Health Science, Environmental Management or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role in a busy environment.
How To Apply for Riham Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 10th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.