Job Title: O’Level Driver – Stromme Foundation Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Stromme Foundation Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
Stromme Foundation Uganda Profile
Stromme Foundation is a Norwegian based international development organization that has, since 1976, worked to help people in Asia, South America, West and Eastern Africa get out of poverty. SF Head Office is in Kristiansand, Norway. The organization currently works in 13 countries including Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and South Sudan which are under Stromme Foundation Eastern Africa.
The Driver will ensure a high performing SFEA’s in Kampala with efficient and strong operational resources as key components of SFEA’s business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Finance and Administration Officer/ Programme Officer, the driver will be responsible for driving authorised personnel, delivery, and collection services.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Drives office vehicles for the transport of authorized personnel.
- Collects and delivers mail, and other communications from and to the post office, government agencies and other institutions.
- Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the assigned vehicle, check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres etc., performs minor repairs and arranges for other repairs to ensure that the vehicle is kept clean.
- Logs all trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes and greasing etc.
- Ensures that in the event of an accident, SFEA rules/policies and traffic regulations are followed.
- An agent to the banks i.e., delivery of documents to the banks, withdrawal, and depositing cash from and to the SF accounts as instructed by the Finance Team.
- Getting quotations from suppliers for the office requirements
- Delivering of cheques to suppliers/service providers and getting the receipts
- Carry out banking/financial and other office out-door messenger duties.
- Packs material received for dispatch, affixes label, inserts material in envelopes and franks outgoing mail.
- Other office duties such as photocopying, faxing, scanning, relieving at the reception, handling of in-coming/outgoing telephone calls, screening of visitors, etc.
- Monitor and report in time, expiry of motor vehicle road license and third- party insurance.
- The candidate must adhere to the safeguarding reporting and monitoring requirements of this role.
- The candidate must possess a certificate in defensive driving from an established driving school/firm.
- A minimum of ‘O’ level pass.
- A valid driving licence of at least class B
- A certificate in defensive driving.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a busy office especially in the NGO set up.
- Be fluent in English Language, written and oral and a good command of local language.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Cautious with defensive driving skills.
- Presentable with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be a person with initiative and high moral integrity.
- A good team player.
- Ready to work for long hours.
- Adherence to SFEA’s values, which are: Justice, Solidarity and Dignity.
- Experiences in mechanics and professional vehicle handling (repairs and simple maintenance) is a must.
- Experience of working with line managers with special needs required.
- Internal: Interacts frequently with all staff at SFEA in field office in Moyo and Regional Office for SFEA in Kampala.
- External: Liaises with service providers and various government bodies and non-governmental Organization in collaboration with the Finance and Admin Assistant.
SF staff members shall be expected to be faithful to the founding values and guiding inspiration of SF and demonstrate consistent commitment to the organisation’s ideals and vision. The position requires frequent travel to the field within the region. The position is placed in SF’s salary structure and will be compensated accordingly.
How To Apply for Stromme Foundation Uganda Jobs 2021
All candidates should send their applications, Curriculum vita, and contacts of three referees to:
The Regional Director, Strømme Foundation, Plot 1, Kololo Hill Drive, P.O Box 27200, Kampala Or send by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of the post you are applying.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Please note that we are an equal opportunity organisation, and we strongly encourage applications from qualified female candidates. We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality in our organization.
Deadline: 25th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.