Job Title: Human Rights Officer – UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
Job Location: Kampala
UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) Profile:
The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights, commonly known as the Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) or the United Nations Human Rights Office, is a department of the Secretariat of the United Nations that works to promote and protect human rights that are guaranteed under international law and stipulated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of 1948. The office was established by the United Nations General Assembly on 20 December 1993 in the wake of the 1993 World Conference on Human Rights.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office and the direct supervision of the Human Rights Officer in charge of Kampala Human Rights Monitoring team, the NUNV will undertake the following tasks in support to the implementation of the OHCHR Uganda work plan;
- Assist in regular collection, analysis and reporting on human right abuses and violations reported on both print and electronic media.
- Receive victicms of alleged human rights abuses and liaise with the team for possible colective advise.
- Assist in the distribution of human rights eductional promotional materials to the public.
- Contribute to reports on on-going and completed acytivities.
- Assist in maintaining awarenes of current human rights issues including relevant political and legal developments in the country.
- Assist in the organization and administrative arrangements of trainings and workshops and keeping records,
Degree in law, human rights, political science, international relations, peace and conflict studies or related field.
Demonstrated interest and/or experience in human rights, political affairs, international
relations, law, or related area is required. Experience working with international human rights standards, instruments and mechanisms is an added advantage.
Experience in human rights monitoring and reporting and/or in building capacity for the promotion and protection of human rights is desirable. Internships and voluntary work may be considered at 50% if deemed relevant. Previous experience as a volunteer and/or experience of another culture, (i.e. studies, volunteer work, internship) would be highly regarded
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
Experience in human rights monitoring and reporting and/or in building capacity for the promotion and protection of human rights.
How To Apply for UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 1st July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.