Job Title: Junior Administration Officer, Strengthening Governance and Civil Society Programme (GCSP) – GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: GIZ Uganda
Job Location: Kampala
Reports to: Head of Administration
Contract Duration: Until 18th December 2021
Ref No: GIZ-CUSP/JAO/062145
GIZ Uganda Profile:
The German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development has commissioned the Gesellschaft fr Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) with the Programme “Strengthening Governance and Civil Society in Uganda”. The main objective of the programme is that selected state and civil society actors in Uganda are in better position to work towards the compliance with human rights and governance principles (transparency, accountability, efficient and effective management and political participation) in their respective areas of responsibility. Structurally, the programme focuses on 3 main components; 1) Strengthening Accountability component 2): Strengthening Human Rights and: Strengthening Civil Society.
The main objective of the component is to strengthen and improve the capacity of civil society in Uganda, highlighting the Government of Uganda – CSO engagement in support of Uganda’s development goals.
GIZ is recruiting a Junior Administration Officer to support the implementation of its programme.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Junior Administration Officer will be in charge of:
• Managing daily operations and project office facilities related to CUSP.
• Ensuring that EU and GIZ financial and administrative regulations are complied with.
• Communicating with customers in a service oriented manner on behalf of the office.
The Junior Administration Officer performs the following tasks: –
• Organizing and preparation of events, meetings and activities related to CUSP in close collaboration with programme staff members.
• Filing according to GIZ/EU filing system.
• Together with the Office assistant, monitors the availability of accessories and stocks.
• Monthly calculating of fuel consumption for project vehicles.
• Is responsible for organising administrative and logistical aspects of project activities (fieldwork, meetings, workshops, transport etc.).
• Supports the Administrators in filing documents in reference files and in DMS in line with GIZ’s filing rules.
• Photocopies and scans documents as assigned by Administrators, Finance Manager or Head of Programme.
• Together with the Admin Officer checks and invoices all private mileages.
• Supports the admins Officer in recording and ensuring all assets for the project are timely inventoried.
• Maintains, carries out, and is responsible for local procurement (negotiates costs, prepares orders, inspects delivery etc.), including quotation procedures, according to GIZ guidelines.
• Keeps database on suppliers and conducts regular search for alternatives.
• Receives and checks delivered materials.
Finance and Accounting
• Preparation and making all bank payments.
• Preparing financial documents (vouchers, receipts, invoices etc.) to be delivered to country office.
• Helping in the preparation of internal/ external controls and audits.
• Responsible for financial management such as: cash withdrawals, keeping the cash book, bank accounts, bank reconciliation, cash count and posting vouchers.
• Checks invoice, delivery receipts and other papers and sign them/submit them for payment.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
• Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties if required. Special training programs shall be identified and selected jointly with the Team leader
• Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Minimum Qualifications for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field.
• At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
• Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, email, | the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office).
• Very good written and oral knowledge of English language.
• Politeness and helpfulness in dealing with visitors.
• Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed — corresponding measures are agreed with management.
How To Apply for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications and CVs should be in one document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include names and contacts of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. This is a national position. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 4th July 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.