Job Title: Logistics Officer – UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: United Nations Organisation Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (MONUSCO)
Job Location: Kampala
United Nations Organisation Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (MONUSCO) Profile:
The United Nations Organization Stabilization Mission in the Democratic Republic of the Congo or MONUSCO, an acronym based on its French name (French: Mission de l’Organisation des Nations Unies pour la stabilisation en République démocratique du Congo), is a United Nations peacekeeping force in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) which was established by the United Nations Security Council in resolutions 1279 (1999) and 1291 (2000) of the United Nations Security Council to monitor the peace process of the Second Congo War, though much of its focus subsequently turned to the Ituri conflict, the Kivu conflict and the Dongo conflict. The mission was known as the United Nations Mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo or MONUC, an acronym of its French name Mission de l’Organisation des Nations Unies en République démocratique du Congo, until 2010.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Within the terms of the organization’s delegated authority, and under the direct supervision of the Entebbe Support Base Logistics Operations Officer the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Act on the advice and guidance of the ESB Logistics Officer for provision of logistics support within the following parameters: UN’s Financial Rules and Regulations, Staff Rules, administrative policies, instructions, technical guidance from MSC and specific delegations of authority from Chief Ops & Coord or Chief MSC;
- Assist the ESB Logistics Officer in preparing the short, medium and long-term plan support requirements of the Field Office to identify the resource requirements and factoring additional resources for any circumstances unforeseen at the current stage but will likely arise in the foreseeable future;
- Assist ESB Logistics Officer to liaise with Military contingents, FPU, UNPOL and substantive personnel at the field office level, reviewing plans and operational requirements to deliver requisite resources in a timely and cost-effective manner;
- Assist ESB Logistics Officer to provide timely advice and technical input in terms of providing logistics support in accordance with the approved MOU of the military/police contingents, UN regulations & rules, policies and procedures;
- Coordinate the provision of adequate logistics support to designated sub-offices and other locations within the Field Office Area of Responsibility (AOR);
- Assist the ESB Logistics Officer to oversee the proper utilization of all UN Owned Equipment (UNOE), Contingent Owned Equipment (COE) and assets, as well as premises leased by the Mission, in conformity with UN Financial Regulations, Rules and established policies, procedures and guidelines in the Field Office AOR;
- Liaise with ESB Operations Resource Management (ORM), Service Delivery (SD) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) representatives for technical advice in all matters pertaining to their specific areas or expertise;
- Contribute to the analysis of HR data provided by RSSC Entebbe for business cases and feasibility studies prepared by CORM office;
- Attend the any logistics coordination meetings, under supervision of the ESB Logistics Officer, involving all ORM, SD and SCM Section representatives in the field office to discuss the status / progress of on-going support or projects including preparations for any future projects or support requirements;
- Provide regular and accurate feedback on all logistic support issues within the ESB AOR to the ESB Logistics Officer and Chief Ops & Coord;
- When tasked, act as the focal point on behalf of the MSC Field Office OSM to liaise with UN Agencies, non-UN entities and local authorities in the provision of approved logistics support in the field office.
- Provide feedback / status of support provided to the ESB Logistics Officer;
- Be ready to assume the responsibility as OIC MSC Field Office during the period of absence owing to leave, sickness or official business out of the duty station of the incumbent;
- Implement and adhere to the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) developed by MSC Field Office OSM.
- Provide necessary feedback in order to measure the logistic support performance of the field office as against the established strategic goals and objectives;
- When working with national staff or (non-)governmental counterparts, including Implementing Partners (IPs), the incumbent is strongly encouraged to set aside dedicated time for capacity development through coaching, mentoring and formal and on-the-job training;
- Perform any other related duties as and when assigned by the MSC Field Office
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) Logistics Officer job placement must hold a University degree in Business Administration, Operations, Supply Chain Management; and Logistics or related field is required.
- Three years of related work experience
- Basic knowledge of logistics operations and several years of progressively responsible experience, including at least Three (3) years in the field of Logistics or Administrative functions related to the fields;
- Area of expertise: Logistics and supply management, Administration and administrative assistance
- Knowledge of logistics operations, operations and performance management, business management and several years of progressively responsible experience, including at least five (5) years in the field of Logistics, Operations and supply chain management or Administrative functions related to the fields:
- Proven ability to effectively analyse, assess and quantify requirements to generate planning information for multi-functional logistics support to clients and previous experience in working with or working in armed forces will be an added advantage;
- Ability to produce high quality complex documents under pressure and cope with deadlines;
- Working knowledge of M S Office packages including proficiency in MS Project
- Competencies values: Client Orientation, Communication, Creativity, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Knowledge Sharing, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Technological Awareness, Working in Teams
- Language skills: English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent, French(Optional), Level – Working
- Age: 25 years and above
How To Apply for UN Volunteers Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 27th June 2021
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.