Job Title: Researcher – UNAS Jobs 2021
Organization: Uganda National Academy Of Sciences (UNAS)
Duty Station: Kampala
Uganda National Academy Of Sciences (UNAS) Profile:
The Uganda National Academy of Sciences (UNAS) is an independent, honorific, service-oriented organization that provides evidence-informed advice to the government and nation on matters of science, technology, innovation, and development. Founded in October 2000, UNAS has provided unparalleled service to government and society as a whole on such matters as tobacco prevention and control, aid effectiveness, country ownership of national development, malaria prevention and control, HIV/AIDS prevention and control, biotechnology, education systems, urbanization, immunization, domestic financing climate change, air pollution, and many more. UNAS is a member of the Network of African Science Academies (NASAC), and Inter-Academy Partnership (IAP), and has bilateral agreements with other academies across the world.
As a Research Officer with UNAS, you will conduct extensive secondary research, work with a wide range of stakeholders to shape consensus studies and convening activities. You will be challenged to learn new approaches to thinking and working in a dynamic organization that responds to key societal needs.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Develop research work plans according to project needs.
- Identify potential grantees and build strong relationships with them.
- Develop grant proposals and assist in grant completion and submission processes.
- Perform day-to-day supervision of research staffs for assigned projects.
- Act as primary contact for research team for any questions and concerns.
- Attend meetings to share new ideas and discuss about issues.
- Assist in employee recruitment, orientation, training, performance evaluation, promotion and retention activities.
- Assist in maintenance of research database and company website.
- Coordinate with management in budget preparation and expense control activities.
- Review financial reports, perform invoice processing and approve expenditures.
- Analyze and resolve research issues in a timely and accurate manner.
1. A first and second degree in any field(s), with an emphasis on the health sciences.
2. Demonstrated ability to write winning proposals.
3. Experience in monitoring and evaluation is an added advantage.
4. Experience in designing and fundraising for multi-year development programs.
5. Proficiency in research methods (qualitative and quantitative), grant management, and scholarly writing
The RO should additionally possess the following
1. A minimum of three years of post-qualification work experience in a fast-paced organization.
2. Excellent IT Skills (MS Office Suite, Internet, Zoom, Skype)
3. Demonstrated English communication skills (written and oral), including donor stewardship, preparing program/
evaluation reports, and public speaking.
4. Ability to meet deadlines, manage multiple tasks, and work as a member of a dynamic team.
5. Demonstrated strong analytical capability and problem-solving abilities
Salary and Benefits
UNAS offers a competitive salary and benefits package
How To Apply for UNAS Jobs 2021
If you are interested in any of the positions, please send your CV (or resume), a cover letter, copies of academic credentials (UCE, UACE, undergraduate degree, masters degree), and provide a minimum of three professional references.
The Research Officer should send to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title, “Application for Research Officer Position”.
Closing Date: 24th June 2021 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.