Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Officer – IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Infectious Diseases Institute
Job Location: Kampala
Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) Uganda Profile:
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is a Ugandan not-for-profit organization whose mission is to strengthen health systems in Africa, with a strong emphasis on infectious diseases, through research and capacity development. IDI has six operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research, Laboratory services (including the CAP-certified IDI Core Lab & Translational Lab), Global Health Security and Health System Strengthening.
The Monitoring and Evaluation officer will be responsible for providing technical support in the design, implementation and review of the project’s monitoring and evaluation interventions. She/he will lead the development and sustainability of an effective Monitoring and Evaluation system for the project, track performance and inform programming.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working with stakeholders and the project team, develop M&E plan aligned to the iCCM ANC project M&E templates.
- In collaboration with the data team develop instruments / tools for collecting, analyzing and conducting data quality assessments in collaboration with partners.
- Participate in the baseline, midline and endline assessments as well as updating of work plans aligned to the iCCM ANC project.
- Develop and maintain a system and procedures for generating quality project reports to key stakeholders in line with the project objectives and according to the Monitoring and Evaluation work plans.
- Work closely with the project technical team and partners to regularly assess implementation progress against targets.
- Participate in conducting baseline, midterm and end of project evaluations and support development of the report.
- Conduct regular M&E feedback meetings for collaborators and other stakeholders.
- Distil lesson learnt and regularly publish in the project and IDI newsletters and reports.
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics or related science field
- Must have Postgraduate training in project Monitoring and Evaluation
- At least three years of relevant experience in design, development and implementation of M&E systems; preferably in the human or animal health sector.
- Must have excellent writing, presentation and communication skills.
- Must have knowledge and understanding of the Global Health Security Agenda
- Experience in analysis and reporting/ presentation of data for both research and capacity programme decision-making.
- Strong computer skills in at least Word, Power point, spreadsheets, and database programs.
- Must be Knowledgeable in Ministry of health DHIS2 extraction and reporting
How To Apply for IDI Uganda Jobs 2021
IDI will offer a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. Candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, please send an application letter and their CVs which should include certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact at the link below.
Click here to apply
Deadline: 22nd June 2021
Key Notes about IDI Uganda Jobs 2021:
1. IDI is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
2. Internal candidates who meet the required specifications and have worked with IDI for a period of at least one year will be given priority.
3. Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document.
4. Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject line of your email.
5. Please note that if you DO NOT indicate the vacancy code as instructed above, your application will not be considered.
6. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
7. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Senior Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Institute — IDI Knowledge Centre, Makerere University-Main Campus
College of Health Sciences, Makerere University
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.