Job Title: IT Support Officer – Justice Defenders Uganda Jobs 2021
Organization: Justice Defenders (JD)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Justice Defenders (JD) Profile:
Justice Defenders (JD) and formerly African Prisons Project (APP), we are a community of defenders, increasing access to legal services and improved application of criminal law to all. Our work betters the entire criminal justice system.
We support the training of paralegals and lawyers from within defenseless communities to provide legal services to themselves and others -protecting their rights and addressing their wrongs. This increased capacity ultimately promotes more equitable, just and peaceful societies.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Install and configure software and computer systems and other peripheral hardware including printers, projectors, scanners etc.
- Ensure security of IT Infrastructure maintenance/monitoring of anti-virus, patching and network monitoring
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks
- Support the roll out and implementation of new solutions or applications.
- Trouble shoot system and network problems, diagnosing and solving hardware/soft ware faults
- Train staff in basic IT skills. e.g. use of new software, troubleshooting
- Support Administration in maintaining an up to date list of IT Equipment.
- Test, evaluate, and make decisions about new technology for the business.
- Provide audio/visual equipment support for JD events
- Undertake proactive research into system upgrades
- Maintain up update documentation of software applications, hardware, and other ICT equipment.
- Participate in the procurement of IT related equipment and services.
- Liaise with external IT support suppliers to resolve issues as required.
- Serve as liaison between Justice Defenders and Internet service providers
- Protect official data and ensure that all staff follow the recommendations to upload files on the Drive
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology(IT)or a related field.
- Certifications are preferred, but not required.
- 1+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and applications.
- Proficiency use of MS Office Suite
- Willingness to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion.
- Analytical skills to study problems and records and identify solutions.
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous projects at one
- Sympathy for and a non-judgmental attitude towards prisoners undertaking reform and rehabilitation.
Gross Salary expectations 1,755,000/- (One Million Seven Hundred Fifty-Five thousand shillings only)
How To Apply for Justice Defenders Uganda Jobs 2021
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to Email your CV and cover letter only to email@example.com.
- Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interviews.
- Justice Defenders accepts no liability for incomplete submission, late or misdirected transmission of applications
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Justice Defenders is an equal opportunity employer
Closing Date: 23rd June 2021 by 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.